No announcement yet.

Italian made German cap eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, correct me if I'm wrong but the maker, even though it's eaten is a Italian maker? I have owned the other cap as you sugest and it was made differant than this that is in question, also was marked, as this one only has this maker on the leather.??

Well we know that the Germans and Italians wore the Italian Eagles, and the responses show that, so this is getting interesting...

thanks greg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gregory Koepp; 07-27-2008, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Koepp View Post
      OK, correct me if I'm wrong but the maker, even though it's eaten is a Italian maker? I have owned the other cap as you sugest and it was made differant than this that is in question, also was marked, as this one only has this maker on the leather.??

Well we know that the Germans and Italians wore the Italian Eagles, and the responses show that, so this is getting interesting...

thanks greg
      Sure looks like its Italian... this maker info... Puzzling... You've stumped us! but the color of the hat is not Italian...but there is an explanation!
      Example: I've seen a 100% original Finnish (M43 style) military cap which was made in Italy (and marked as such, very similar markings in gold) for a Finnish distributor in Helsinki, who's distributor info also appeared inside the cap... Hat makers supplied their allies all the time...
      So could still be an Italian made German "Wehrmanschaft" (self defence) field cap for a (Austrian-Italian) border location SA unit. Makes sense? Who knows? All speculation at this point!!!
      Last edited by NickG; 07-31-2008, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Hello, well it took a bit of finding but here are 3 eagles`which I think are of Italian manufacture and I will now get Nigel to post them.

I have labeled them A, B & C for reference. There is another one on a black backing but I can not find that one for now. Will post more when found.

Interested to know what others think of these 3 eagles which are all from veteran sources,

Chris

Comment

First one, "Italian Eagle A" This one is the closest to the one on the KM tropical cap which started this thread. It is a breast eagle and note the M44 black triangle type backing plus the red tongue,

Chris
          Last edited by 90th Light; 08-02-2008, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Second, "Italian Eagle B" This eagle is a cap eagle size being gold bullion on tropical brown. Once saw a breast eagle exactly the same except it was silver on brown. I have often wondered if they are KM or some thing else ???

Chris

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Finally, "Italian Eagle C" bit odd and hard to say exactly who made this one but it really has that Italian look to it. This is a white on green eagle still attached to an original piece of tunic as brought back from Italy by a New Zealand soldier in 1945.

Interested to know what you guys think, Chris
                      Last edited by 90th Light; 08-01-2008, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

WOW, those are excellent examples of Italian Eagles you have there! Great finds and something to add to any new book being written for reference. I love the Gold one, I honestly don't think it was made for the Navy. It looks to be a High Ranking one, for a General maybe? What size is it? The way it is made with the added details to it's breast is interesting and gives me thought that it was made for the General ranking, also the overall look of course.

What I would like to know is why some that we all own have the heads turned left/right? I forgot when I was told along time ago so if anyone could remind my spinning head I would be grateful.

Very nice examples you own, congratulations are in hand!!!

thanks for showing.

greg koepp

Comment

Here is a beautiful Italian made eagle on red. There are metallic sequins under the wore wreath surrounding the awastika.

Why on red??????

Bob Hritz
                              Attached Files
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Verso
                                Attached Files
                                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X