• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian M33

Guys,
    Looking for an opinion on this one. Thanks for looking
    http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Other...s/C044459.html

High end site with the lowest end photos I've ever seen

I wish they would work on their photos. Don't know how they sell anything.

W.

Comment

Original from IIWW
      Luca
      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Helmet is ORIGINAL !! my only concern is paint, possibly been repainted in the past but hard to tell due to ordinary photos. This is a high end dealer with original gear you can feel safe purchasing.

Comment

The paint was my concern. So final verdict, repaint or not?
          Best regards,
          Todd

Comment

I'm not an expert on M-33's so I say this reservedly, but even with the bad photos the outside paint looks darker than the interior. In addition, it looks like there are scuff marks on a couple places on the outside that seems to show a lighter green. I would vote for a re-paint based on what we can see.
            Just my begginer 2.

Johnnie

Comment

If it is a repaint it may not be a negative . Depending on whenit was done. If war time than a good chance of a RSI period issued helmet . The photos are not good enough to even take a guess for that price. A "hands on" by someone familiar with camos and reissues is necessary

Comment

Yes, i agree with Dennis about repainting, from that pics is it impossible say something about it! Better ask to the seller new and clear pics on that site are all too much darkeness.
                Strangers the splits in the rear of helmet in the marked zone!

Comment

Originally posted by Lafitte View Post
                  Yes, i agree with Dennis about repainting, from that pics is it impossible say something about it! Better ask to the seller new and clear pics on that site are all too much darkeness.
                  Strangers the splits in the rear of helmet in the marked zone!
                  I don't think that the rear of the helmet is split. I think you seeing the helmet sitting on a table, dark under the helmet with light coming in at the back. I you look in the Italian helmet section, you can see all these evidence this line you are seeing. It is the way it was photographed. The paint is another story.
                  best regards,
                  Todd

Comment

Anyone else//

Comment

Don't buy it....It appears repainted...Not sure if "period" repainted from that photos.
                      The chinstrap's ring is damaged

There are tons of Italian helmets without insigna on the market.

I believe you can find something better at lower price

Comment

Yes with this doubts i'm agree with Flash! Better wait a one in more goods conditions.
                        Fore sure the edge of the helmet is it damaged (last pics of the serie), that point is it important because the little damaged zone appear like painted, already the rest of no damaged edge appear rusted so is it no possible what the second paint is it original of the WW2 era.
                        Near the alfanumeric mark there are a little zone where appear the real first color of the helmet looks with little rusted areas that one looks like a correct smooth italian greygreen color. (IMHO)
                        With this problems i never buy it, i collect m.33 too but what i say can be wrong!

Comment

A couple of more pics provided by the seller[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

IMO it's a post-war repaint...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X