Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Helmet Decima.opinions

Dear All,

I came across to this helmet, and I would like to know your opinion about it.
    What are your thoughts? Positive?
    I think that is nice....but I am not an expert on these.....so please Paolo go ahead...

Thank you for your comments.
    Attached Files

sss
    Attached Files

Comment

mmmmm
      Attached Files

Comment

Is that a replaced rivet on the first picture. It looks like it has a washer kind of funky.

Comment

Hi Luis,

agree with Dennis imho not an good one.
          cheers, Raffaello
          "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Hi,

Dennis, and Raffaello thank you very much for your opinions.

Can you point out more "red flags" of this helmet,beside the rivet of the first picture?

thank you

Luis

Comment

Hard to point 'red flags' on such a helmet. Despite the fact that it is good
              looking, with a too well preserved paint of 64-65 years ago, I can give my
              two cents looking at what I see,considering this type of camouflage,has been found on several supposed X^ m.33s, but refurbished at the end of the 70's by a well known European 'artist'. Nobody knows what a kind of travels this helmet may have done.It is possible also that this helmet has received a lifetime guarantee (look at certain US auctions before the eBay period), but in other three Forums some helmets like this (the same camo paint) have received negative opinions, considering also the fact that the identical paint has been found on a couple of doubtful German para camo'ed M.37s.That's not possible!It's only my opinion not overcoming anything....Ciao PaoloM

Comment

Originally posted by Raffaello Carola View Post
                Hi Luis,

agree with Dennis imho not an good one.
                cheers, Raffaello
                I agree...

Luis,
                Could you please post more photos?

Comment

Ciao,

Grazie to all my Italian friends for your input.

Sorry, but I have no more fotos, as the helmet doesn´t belong to me.

Anyway, Flashrider, what do you see wrong in this helmet?
                  Can you specify the negative points? No positive points in this helmet according you?

Well at least is an original Italian WW2 helmet....

cheers

Comment

Ok , I'm no expert and its a sexy looking helmet . What I don't like is the "Decima" X appears to be faded by the use of 0000 steel wool or other means, Again from the presented photo. The paint looks seated but as Paolo says maybe painted in the 70's and that almost 40 years of age. Camos are the hardest especialy if done a long time ago.

ps. If all else was good the replaced rivet would not be a bid deal to me.
                    Last edited by Dennis S; 04-17-2008, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CIANO View Post
                      Ciao,

Grazie to all my Italian friends for your input.

Sorry, but I have no more fotos, as the helmet doesn´t belong to me.

Anyway, Flashrider, what do you see wrong in this helmet?
                      Can you specify the negative points? No positive points in this helmet according you?

Well at least is an original Italian WW2 helmet....

cheers
                      Hi Luis,
                      The helmet is an original WWII....But the camo paint job is fake for me...Also the insigna.
                      I don't like the rusty spots...it appear artificially aged.
                      Also there are some points...where it looks cooked by an oven
                      From the photos that you provided here....This is my opinion

Cheers
                      Last edited by flashider; 04-19-2008, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X