New Spanish Star Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Spanish Star Award

Well picked this up the other day, with a side cap.

greg
    Attached Files

back.

greg koepp
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Greg,

beatiful spanish cross awarded at italian and german soldiers
      during the civil war thanks for sharing.
      cheers, Raffaello
      "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Raffaello, I've heard some SCW medal collectors say these badges with the fancy pins and two side hooks are post-Civil War, and likely made for members of the Blue Division or later. Your thoughts?

Comment

Hello Scott,
          I have seen spanish star with two side hooks awarded at italian
          officers during the civil war.
          cheers, Raffaello
          "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

OK - thank you Raffaello.

Comment

This model is in gold, then only for Generals.
              The manufacture is about 60-70 years

Comment

It's stamped two times in 925, one on the needle and the other on the back of the Medal. So for this being plated in gold it could be awarded to a much higher person??

thanks, greg

Comment

No, its only a silver mark. I Spain "Merito Militar Cross" in Red or Withe are:
                  Soldiers, Silver with ribbon without enamel
                  NKO, Silver with ribbon with enamel
                  Oficers, Gold with ribbon with enamel
                  Major to Colonel Cross in star in silver
                  Generals Cross in star in gold

Only in the Spanish Civil War was given the cross in gold and enamel for soldiers and NKO, but after the IIWW return to old rules, but with the crown of the moment.

There are many variants of every medal according the fabric

See www.coleccionesmilitares.com the best page of Spanih awards

[IMG] [/IMG] [IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

Hi Greg,

The breast star is definitively a high quality private purchase (pin and 925 stamps).

Regards,
                    Adolph.

Comment

Hello,
                      During the Spanish Civil War the only "Orden del Mérito Militar con Distintivo rojo" wan a cross for all ranks, from private to general (see photo below). In 1942 a new rule change it and started like llemaco said.
                      Regards.

This is the most common model, manufactured by "Egaña"

Comment

Greg, Beutiful Star You have good taste

Comment

Thanks

I sold it with that big grouping of Spanish Awards I came across a while ago, I now miss all of them

LOL

greg

Comment

It´s no posible for this cross to have been made and hold during the spanish Civil War, simply cause our war finished the 1st of april 1939 and the order was instituted by law in the 15th of May in this year.
                            This cross in gold was only for generals and this exact model, with this pin, was made in the late 60´s or early 70´s by a jeweler in Madrid for private purchase.
                            The remaining stocks are being sold still today by this jewler´s son in the same shop where the items were manufactured.
                            Anycase it´s a very nice award, but just 40 years old.
                            I´m sorry.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X