Italian Lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Lot

Here is a veteran acquired lot. Son wants to sell, but I don't know enough about Italian insignia to give a fair offer.

Anybody want to hazard an estimation for the lot?

Comment

Comment

Dont know much about these either, but I think there are some rare naval aviator badges in there, the wreath with the crown and torpedo, and wreath with crown and bird.

Have no references but they seem to stick in my memory.......

probably woth a nice tidy sum....

Comment

The document in the last scan above is for the Mother's Medal-- which is in the first scan with 9 little bows on its ribbon for nine bouncing bambinos. I don't know whether the document is for only ONE child or if this is indeed a set. Doesn't say how many in the text.

Comment

Catholic.... it only becomes an issue after 9 kids, anything less is run of the mill not to be awarded with a certificate stuff

Comment

Hi Joe,

I've sent you a PM about a couple of items in this lot.

Matteo
              Looking for italian fascist militaria (RSI period preferably) - badges insignia awards ID cards and everything else!

Comment

Cmon guys, I am sure I am not the only one interested to know here.

Anyone know anything?

I am pretty sure one is a naval aviator pilot badge, another for bombardier.....share the info !!!

Comment

Hi Joe, the printed flashes, in red on white with the imparla antelope, are for British 13th Corps.
                  These would be worth about $15.
                  Hope this helps you a little. Sorry I cannot help with the Italian items, but I enjoyed seeing them.
                  Cheers, Ade.

Comment

For what it's worth, here goes,
                    Pic. 1. No idea, nice looking buckles though.
                    Pic. 2, Row 1, No. !. Good performance badge (not a qualification badge) for Air Intrceptor - gold.
                    Row 2, No. 2. ditto Assault combat - gold.
                    No. 3. MSVN Black shirts cap badge - medic?
                    Pic. 3, Row 1, No. 4. Albanian volunteers badge?
                    Row 4, No.4. Anothern good performance badge, Assault combat - gold
                    Pic. 4, No's 1 & 5. MSVN Generals cap badges?
                    Pic. 5, No. 3. MSVN area HQ armshield.
                    Pic. 6, No. 2 Good performance badge For Aerial observation - bronze?
                    No. 3. ditto Rescue - silver.
                    No. 4. ditto Torpedo aircraft - silver.
                    The aviation badges are probably about £30-40 although they appear to have corroded a bit. Some of the other badges are what I would call the Italian versions of "tinnies"
                    That was hard
                    Yours
                    Wood

Comment

I did some research too in some old italian militaria magazines that now start to be useful:

Pic n.2: the GIL badges (1st row 2nd left and 2nd row 1st left) are for the "Gioventù Italiana Littorio", the fascist youth organization, and are quite common

Pic n.3 1st row:
                      -2nd left: submarine tinnie
                      -4th left: albanian campaign badge

Pic n.3 3rd row:
                      -1st left: MAS tinnie
                      -6th left: UNNF ("Unione Fascista Famiglie Numerose") tinnie, is the same as the Mother's badge

Pic n.4:
                      -1st and 5th cap badge: altough may resemble for their importance general badges these are indeed for civilian personnel of the italian state (probably the 1st is for personnel of Education Ministery while the 5th of Public Works)

Pic n.5:
                      1st and 2nd badges: probably for Carabinieri
                      3rd left: Camicie Nere (Black shirts) shield, 12th zone corresponding to the region of Campania (where Naples is)
                      4th and 5th: again two GIL badges

Hope this helps

Joe, I tried to reply to your mail but I always get an error message from the server, so I sent you another PM.

Cheers,
                      Matteo
                      Looking for italian fascist militaria (RSI period preferably) - badges insignia awards ID cards and everything else!

Comment

@Joe: I have sent you a PM!
                        (and sorry to bring again this thread to the top...)

Matteo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X