No announcement yet.

My Italian mannequins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick, Very interesting display. You did your homework .

Comment

Hello Nick,
      sorry to say that but according to what i learnt on the italian forum a few weeks ago, the canteen you display on the mannequin is postwar. Color of the cover makes all the difference...

Comment

Hi Nick,

nice display of italian mannequins my preferite is the italian POW
        the cap is unique! Thanks for sharing.
        regards
        Raffaello
        "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Originally posted by JPhilip View Post
          Hello Nick,
          sorry to say that but according to what i learnt on the italian forum a few weeks ago, the canteen you display on the mannequin is postwar. Color of the cover makes all the difference...

Thanks for your input...note that 3 mannequins have canteens, which one are you talking about? The large capacity one or the other? Thanks Nick

Comment

nice displays Nick. May I see pictures of the inside of the tropical tunic,shorts and close up of the buttons on the tunic,so I know what too look for in an original tunic.
            Thanks
            “Karate aims to build character, improve human behavior and cultivate modesty: it does not, however, guarantee it”

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
              Thanks for your input...note that 3 mannequins have canteens, which one are you talking about? The large capacity one or the other? Thanks Nick
              Hello Nick,
              I was talking about the small one with kakhi cover....
              according to what italian members told me a few weeks ago, covers of WWII italian canteens should be grey-green or rust color.

Comment

Originally posted by JPhilip View Post
                Hello Nick,
                I was talking about the small one with kakhi cover....
                according to what italian members told me a few weeks ago, covers of WWII italian canteens should be grey-green or rust color.
                The canteen is not khaki in color (must be your monitor...) but in the proper greyish-green, which is known in Italian as "grigrio verde" (their version of German field grey), including the strap... but thanks for warning me, I'll avoid sand colored canteens, if I ever run into another one! NICK

Comment

Hello,
                  first thing: excuse for my bad english!!!
                  Very nice display Nick!!
                  About the San Marco Marine, I'm sorry but in my opinion the ammo pouch are not WW2; I think they are a 1958 mod.
                  Here is my Regia Marine tropical uniform, in the first you can see the ammo pouch for sailors (there was also like these but with 3 pouch that you can see on the historical image that you have posted); the second is for sub-officiers (is it correct word? In italian sottufficiale).

Best regards

Partisan

Comment

Give a glance here:
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=246736
                    ASAP we'll open a special thread on the San Marco landing forces in
                    combat.
                    Bye, PaoloM

Comment

Nice collection, thanks for sharing. How did you find so many Italian items? I just can't find much, although I do like it very much.

Merry Christmas
                      MIke

Comment

Dear Gaetano/Partisan,

welcome to the italian axis forum nice mannequin thanks
                        for sharing.
                        with friendship
                        Raff
                        "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Thank you very much, Raff/Quex...

Partisan

Comment

Here's a period color picture of Italian POW's working the fields in the UK. Note very same British dark brown dyed POW issue Battle Dress uniforms + greem Italian Bustina field caps.
                            One prisoner's uniform jacket and pants both appear to be repaired (patched up) with bright red fabric!!!
                            Hi Nick, neat thread. In this pic with the tractor, is it possible that it was taken in Canada? The number on the front of the tractor made me wonder..."VE" is an international prefix for Canada. Regards, Ammersee

Comment

Here's a period color picture of Italian POW's working the fields in the UK. Note very same British dark brown dyed POW issue Battle Dress uniforms + greem Italian Bustina field caps.
                              One prisoner's uniform jacket and pants both appear to be repaired (patched up) with bright red fabric!!!

Yes could be Canada... The caption said England but they could be wrong...it also read German prisoners.... I don't think so!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X