• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Marco Marine impression

Here's my San Marco Marine impression! Nick
    Attached Files

Close up!

San Marco Marine. Note British P'08 pattern Italian Marine web gear. Helmet is most likely a post war refurbished M33 as it has a web chin strap...
    Attached Files

Comment

Nick,

Is that an Italian canteen? I have never seen one like it. Can you post some closeups of it in the canteen thread?

Thanks,
      Johnnie

Comment

Hello Nick,

thanks for sharing nice display.
        cheers, Raffaello
        "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Hi Nick,
          I don't know that canteen. The jumper and the trousers, together with
          the gas mask are good of the time. The M.33 steel helmet is a post-war
          one and the Mills webbin' equipment is post-war.
          Generally the San Marco landing forces of the Royal Italian Navy used an M.33 steel helmet grey-green colour with either a stencilled or decal crowned anchor on front.The issue canteen was the M.32 aluminium one either with
          grey-green woollen cover or without cover.During WWII they used the M.25
          grey Mills webbin' equipment,very different from the one shown.
          As soon as I've time, I'll post a photo of the time showing the whole tropical
          uniform & equipment.Not easy to get nowdays a complete webbin' equipment,
          together with a backpack,a bayonet frog,an entrenching tool with issue webbin' cover,an original San Marco dagger, and the webbin' leggings.
          During the fight in Tobruk, the most part used khaki cloth shorts instead of
          long trousers.Ciao PaoloM

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X