M40 tropical tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M40 tropical tunic

20200815_221127.jpg 20200815_215210.jpg 20200817_205722.jpg Good Evening Gentlemen , hope everyone is still keeping covid free !
    Well recently i aquired after much searching/hunting a very nice sun bleached & salty example of a tropical M40 tunic to a Bersegalieri tenente that i would like to share with you , he was it seems a volunteer veteran of the Ethiopean War from his ribbons !..so with a few props added for effect the resulting impression is i think quite pleasing ...

Congratulations, that's a fine looking set up, very nice wear to the tunic too

Comment

Originally posted by eubank View Post
      Congratulations, that's a fine looking set up, very nice wear to the tunic too
      Thank you Eubank ......yes its original colour can be seen if you fold back the collars to show were its escaped the suns rays ! it is a olive green finish to the cloth , although this can vary due to manufacter !
      as i said ive been hunting for a nice example for a while , trying to find a nice one amoung all the continental M40s available , also the tropical tunic is with out a heavy type silk liner you find in normal officers M40s !...Semovente 20200817_205803.jpg

Comment

Hallo semovente

I like your tunic very much !!!

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
          Hallo semovente

I like your tunic very much !!!

Best regards
          Hello my friend & thanks....

Comment

That is a great looking setup. I am jealous. I am still looking for a Africa tropical camo Italian helmet. Seems very difficult to find. J

Comment

Fantastic looking display Ed! Faded tropical garments, whether Italian or German just have a special attractiveness that leave you imagining about the harshness of the environment.

Bravo!!

vr

Bob

Comment

Hello Jacquesf & Bob , thanks guys for your kind words ...
                yes i love the WW2 Desert war era ..alas i dont yet own a very expensive to buy Afrika korps tunic , however Italian WW2 desert kit is just as good & i find it more interesting myself ....i think its rarer in some cases than WW2 German tropical kit ...also it can be less expensive compared to Afrika Korp items...WW2 M33 desert camo helmets are well faked , so originals are well hard to get !..something ive yet to find...but Italian army cloth headdress is or can be more available , but beware as even these are also well faked !! ... guys..here are some tropical cloth headress i have in my collection ..M42 caps stiff peak & soft peak , M34 tropical bustina's , & of course the Desert Pith !20180930_145325.jpg
                Last edited by Semovente; 09-07-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Superb , you have got a really nice tropical collection, it looks great These pieces seem hard to find, certainly in the UK anyway !

Comment

Originally posted by eubank View Post
                    Superb , you have got a really nice tropical collection, it looks great These pieces seem hard to find, certainly in the UK anyway !
                    Hello Eubank thanks again ..
                    well yes there are items to be found here in Britain , mainly souveniers bought back in kit bags by squaddies after the War , or items from the large numbers Italian POWs held here during the War and after !...however some things are very hard to find !..for example a collector i know said when i got my M42 cap for every ten Afrika Korps field caps you might see , you will only find one Italian M42 cap !!...but it can be found and i can count on one hand the number of Italian militaria collectors i know here , so better odds for the collector !....

Comment

Very nice display Ed Some rare kit!

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                        Very nice display Ed Some rare kit!
                        Thanks Bob ...
                        Well i have a little bit of interesting updated news about my tunic !...its seems it not what i thought when i first posted it !!..a good collector friend Marco (Zip3120) has informed me that its not infact a M40 tunic !! , but its a M34 officers colonial tunic of the type worn in the Ethiopean War !!..the main give away of these M34 tunics is Marco says the lack of a internal liner !..which my tunic does'nt have ! , also notable the type of canvas cloth used ...one other thing different is the reduced rank insignia on the cuffs , this however was added later in 1940 in line with regulations !
                        so quite a suprize & it fits in with the original owners campaign ribbons for the Ethiopean conflict...very pleasing news

Comment

Nice tunic! Thanks for sharing I love tropical tunic!
                          Best
                          Raff
                          "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Originally posted by Raffaello Carola View Post
                            Nice tunic! Thanks for sharing I love tropical tunic!
                            Best
                            Raff
                            Its a Pleasure to share it with you guys...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X