Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MVSN Eagle beak dagger spare grip plates wanted

Hi,

I have just been given a MVSN Eagle beak Italian black shirts dagger, & I wondered whether anybody knows of any place I may be able to get replacement original grip plates?

Basically, it has, for some reason had the plates replaced with wooden ones at some stage, so I would like to get it back to how it originally was.

Thanks in advance,

Ian.

Militaria (45).JPG

Hello Ian ...you might be lucky if you keep a keen eye out on a certain well known internet site as sometimes they come up !..or if you check any dealers sites you might get a result !...but the chances are slim i will say !!
    I have come across this before Ian ...& it could be that the wood grips might have been added during the RSI era by some zealious Fascist loyalist ??.. as all emblems of the previous Royalist/fascist time were removed.. or replaced by the republican fascio !..you never know ?...

Comment

Some months ago I saw some spare parts for sale on the the italian bay... Of course when they surface they tend to cost a lot of money. You would also need the bundle and the screw, that will cost extra money. I would consider to keep it how is, after all the wooden grip looks like a very old replacement, and it's part of his history.

Comment

Here's my RSI modified dagger:
        https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...ta-nera-novara

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post
          Hello Ian ...you might be lucky if you keep a keen eye out on a certain well known internet site as sometimes they come up !..or if you check any dealers sites you might get a result !...but the chances are slim i will say !!
          I have come across this before Ian ...& it could be that the wood grips might have been added during the RSI era by some zealious Fascist loyalist ??.. as all emblems of the previous Royalist/fascist time were removed.. or replaced by the republican fascio !..you never know ?...
          Hi Semovente, Ironcrown, & tankredi

Thank you so much for your replies!

I am totally new to all this, & never even considered that the grips may have been replaced for such a reason. I am therefore leaning toward keeping it as is for historic purposes.

I have also had a read of your very good "Becco d´acquila Brigata Nera NOVARA" thread, tankredi, & that is amazing finding the Italian prayer & instructions for the priest! It is almost like a time capsule.

Thank you again for the replies.

Ian UK

Comment

Hello Ian , no probs.. glad to be able to help !...i have this fascist high leaders dagger that has had the Fascio emblem on the grip removed !!..& a blank white ivory celluloid grip put in its place !!...i guess a similar idear to your wood grip replacment , done in RSI era !

20170216_213636.jpg
            Last edited by Semovente; 08-27-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X