Italian EM ww2 pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian EM ww2 pants?

i used to own this pair years ago and sold them cheap and still couriose what it was ,found them in Czech republic.
    Attached Files

Private made "mountain type" trousers : they can be italian or german !
    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
      Private made "mountain type" trousers : they can be italian or german !
      Nick
      wool was textbook italian as found on EM uniforms.

Comment

The wool does not look Italian to me. However, the pictures are rather of poor quality it is hard to seen anything.
        The cut and the details are not Italian and since the trousers have a little pocket for a watch I tend to say they are of German origin.

Comment

Whats its say on the metal buttons ?...

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post
            Whats its say on the metal buttons ?...
            one" Roma" two others "for gentleman"

Comment

20180115_174645-1.jpg 20180114_122510-1.jpg
              Originally posted by HAF View Post

one" Roma" two others "for gentleman"
              Ok thanks.... interesting .. as Tankredi says they seem quite German in Style , watch pocket etc ..maybe RSI era made ?...any stamps/marks in side them ??..but unless the buttons have been added to make the trousers seem Italian ??..i have these 'for Gentlemen' buttons on original military Italian trousers , shorts etc ...also the clasp is similar too..Semovente

Comment

I confirm "For Gentlemen" buttons can often be found on Italian ww2 officer trousers.
                However, these buttons can have come a long way.
                I bought many Italian ww2 wood and bakelite buttons from a defunct tailor shop in Southern Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by tankredi View Post
                  I confirm "For Gentlemen" buttons can often be found on Italian ww2 officer trousers.
                  However, these buttons can have come a long way.
                  I bought many Italian ww2 wood and bakelite buttons from a defunct tailor shop in Southern Germany.
                  Yes .......maybe even captured stock taken by the Germans in 1943 ?... this is what makes me think that they have been added on to what is a mainly German pair of trousers !?

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post
                    20180115_174645-1.jpg 20180114_122510-1.jpg

Ok thanks.... interesting .. as Tankredi says they seem quite German in Style , watch pocket etc ..maybe RSI era made ?...any stamps/marks in side them ??..but unless the buttons have been added to make the trousers seem Italian ??..i have these 'for Gentlemen' buttons on original military Italian trousers , shorts etc ...also the clasp is similar too..Semovente
                    no stamps ,this pair was never owned befor by any collector so i vote all the buttons are original sewn here .

Comment

Originally posted by HAF View Post

no stamps ,this pair was never owned befor by any collector so i vote all the buttons are original sewn here .
                      we were not talking about collectors adding buttons.
                      We were talking about late years 40, early years 50 German tailors working with stock of Italian captured material.

IMO you trousers are early post ww2 German civic trousers for skiing or similar.

Comment

We were talking about late years 40, early years 50 German tailors working with stock of Italian captured material.

IMO you trousers are early post ww2 German civic trousers for skiing or similar.
                        + 1......yep !

Comment

well i dont know for sure as writen this pair was found in Czech republic ,sold them later for 60 euro and the buyer was more than happy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X