CCNN Tunic Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
    I think it’s Ok . Seems to be what it supposed to be by the magazine stamp , piping and buttons .It may have had bits changed over the years and maybe possibly restored a bit . The Italians were not that hard ass with regulations as the Germans especially the militia . I have seen insignia poorly hand sewn on original untouched Tunics . I think it’s a fine representative piece the tunic as a whole is very nice being marked as such. Who can say when the shoulder insignia was added .

As far as the Scelta chevrons , I collect much later combat stuff (RSI) so I can’t say if sometimes carried over By the militia. Ribbons do tend to fade faster then wool material but if they are excessively worn maybe post war added . Then again could have been taken off an earlier Model tunic that he owned .

Again from the photos a nice piece even if partially restored
    agreed
    "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X