X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CROATIA in the WWII

Guys,

this thread is dedicated to the CROATIA militaria. Special Thanks to member Militaria (Mario) for this database.
    I only copy the threads in the photo server of WAF.
    Best
    Raff
    Last edited by Raffaello Carola; 05-06-2020, 06:28 PM.
    "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Pavelic's Body Guard Regiment Buckle & Collar Tabs

Hi guys,

I wanted to show you my PTB ( Poglavnik Body Guard Regiment ) Croatian Ustasha Buckle with dark brown leather belt and Collar tabs second type, introduced in 1942. All items are in near-mint condition and very rare to find. Hope you like it! Attached Images
    "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Such a belt buckle was used by all Ustasha soldiers and also elite Ustasha members like PTB, Crna Legija, and also by
      PTS until 1944 when they get new buckles.
      Color photo, two elite PTS members with old U buckle, and new PTS buckle introduced 1944 made from alu.
      Second photo Black Legion member with U buckle.
      So you see that Ustasha elite units also were such buckle and not only regular members.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Raffaello Carola; 05-06-2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

PB means PRIPREMNA BOJNA or in English Reserve Ustasha Battalion. Ustasha in the middle wears such buckle.
        Attached Files

Comment

Steel Buckle, the first type and later they were made from alu or zink.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ustasha Officer's Visor Cap

I want to show you my super rare Ustasha Officer's, Visor Cap. Made 1944/45 with enameled insignia made by Braca Knaus in Zagreb.
            Croatian item collectors know that only two Ustasha visor caps are preserved. You can see in the picture that this cap model was worn
            in PTS ( Pavelic's Body Guard Regiment)
            Attached Files

Comment

Ustasha lieutenant uniform (PTB

Hi guys,

I want to present to you something special, officer uniform M42 of a PTB (Pavelic’s Body Guard )Ustasha lieutenant from my collection.
              This is perhaps one of the rarest ww2 uniforms because only four preserved uniforms are known. Two of them are kept in the Croatian
              History Museum in Zagreb, one tunic is by a collector in the USA and this one is in my collection. I was lucky to be able to collect the
              complete uniform. Distinctive Croatian design and colors. This type of uniform was introduced at the end of 1941 and remains in use
              until the end of the war.
              Attached Files

Comment

In the second picture, we see the officer's PTB Collar tabs with a small U on them. Old Lieutenant's mark on the
                left side of the cap in the form of a red swirl. On his shoulders, he has the new insignia of a lieutenant introduced
                in 1944 and adapted from HOS in January 1945. Old Ustasha officer insignia were worn as a memento before unification
                with the Croatian Home Guard to HOS (Croatian Defense Forces). Below the first button, we see the
                War Commemorative Award means that he fought in the face of an enemy, or spent at least six months
                on the front or commanded fighting units for at least six months. Also decorated with a large Ante Pavelić Medal, for bravery.
                Attached Files

Comment

In the third picture, we see Leader’s sign of Croatian Defense Forces, below it very rare Ustasha Honor Award - Awarded to "old"
                  Ustasha fighters "who were in one of the Ustasha training camps abroad between 1929 and 10. April 1941, for at least one month;
                  or belonged to Ustasha movement abroad for at least two years; or traveled abroad at least twice to get in contact with Main Ustasha Headquarters".
                  Attached Files

Comment

Lastly, we see the Ustasha officer buckle, enameled with brown leather belt.
                    Made by Braca Knaus in Zagreb.
                    Hope you enjoyed it!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ustasha Leaders Collar Tabs

Something more from the Independent State of Croatia.

These type of collar tabs were worn by political leaders of the Ustasha movement. Ustasha leaders
                      like Ante Pavelic (on photo), Kvaternik, Budak... wore these type of collar tabs on their uniforms.
                      Very scarce to find.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Its very nice to see your tunic! There are probably 5 tunics though + one pair of straight pants with the 5th Tunic.

The second tunic for this man John Has. which came from Mladen Vukusic who still had it in Zagreb as far back as 2005 if i remember correct the last time i saw him. The second one was in much worse condition than the John got. I have its photo somewhere or may have posted it on this forum. I was in Iraq at the time and at least bought the Leather U-boat style coat at lightweight breeches which were found with these (also with mothing) as he first tried to sell me the mothed tunic for much much more than John paid for his. The second tunic was bare except for the ribbon. I suppose his wife still has it.

Best Regards,

Pete
                        Last edited by pete; 05-07-2020, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Very interesting rare collection , especially the hat . Grazie for showing .

Comment

Good idea. This weekend, as soon as I have time, I will try to insert all the threads of interest that over the years have appeared on WAF with reference to the NDH militaria

Best regards

Comment

Magnificient pieces!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X