Large Eagle/Swastika Plaque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large Eagle/Swastika Plaque

Here is a large 24"X14" solid aluminum cast plaque...it is maker marked as follows "wehog" or "wehag" GAL-MG-SI f13....anyone know who this maker is and what these are selling for?? I am pretty certain it is authentic as this is also part of the recent Vet estate sale I bought.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Comment

Comment

Comment

Eagle

Sorry Mark its a well known fake Welcome to the forum

Comment

JR Meda recently produced an excellent reference book entitled "Railroad Eagles of the 3rd Reich" in which he discusses and pictures both original and reproduction eagles.

In reference to the eagle pictured in this thread, he states (parapharased) "WEHOG" cast eagles were reproduced in both 24 and 28 inch versions...also came with the proper Periodic Table element symbols and RZA marks. So be careful, just because the eagle has the proper maker marks, doesn't make it an original 3rd Reich produced item."

It is clear that by a quick comparison of the photographs, this particular eagle is a reproduction. In any event, thanks for posting!

Comment

I am surprised that it is a fake...it came out of a very old collection that stopped in the seventees...it has to be from that period. Not to haggle the issue but my eaglee looks much better in person than my digital camera shows...detail is excellent...patina is there...corrision is present etc...is it way off from what an original looks like?? If it is close I am very surprised.

Thanks,
              Mark

Comment

Never mind I looked into previous posts on this "railroad eagle" and completly agree, it is a repro ........were they done as early as the 1970's...I was told this collector stopped collecting about that time frame.

Mark

Comment

RR Eagle

Mark,I see you are in Mass.Kelly's in Woburn Ma. has been selling repro RR eagles since the 60's.He had all kinds of items cast in aluminum and sold them as repros for years,he still sells them today but they are not as good as the ones he sold in the 60s and 70s.Jay Parisi

Comment

Thanks Jay...it must be one of the early repros...I didn't know Kelly's was selling them so long ago.

Mark

Comment

WAF is a great reference !
                      Attached Files

Comment

details
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X