Heer General or KM Officer Summer Tunic Breast Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer General or KM Officer Summer Tunic Breast Eagle

Has anyone ever seen a solid eagle for the summer tunic? It is very light weight. Any help much appreciated!

Don
    Attached Files

Good eagle on summer tunic KM

Comment

Your metal eagle with the "M" in a diamond symbol on its back is rumored to have been made by Maedicke (spelling?).
      It is assumed that that vast majority of these solid, light-metal Gold eagles were for wear on Kriegsmarine Officers' white tunics. They also come in Silver for KM Administrative Officers.
      Those who sell these Gold eagles who are looking for enhanced profits will list them as being for Army General Officers. While an Army General certainly could have worn one of these examples, I would not pay more based upon that supposition.

Comment

Thank you, gentlemen - I assumed the "M" was for "Marine" (ir, KM), which goes to show what I know! It is indeed on a KM white summer tunic.

Don

Comment

yyup,,, Very nice tunic eagle.
          Van

Comment

Nice bird,

Tim is right on the button! These were private purchase pieces and the wearers (including generals) could buy whatever version they liked best

J. C. Maedicke produced 2 different variants of this bird. The first type had diamond shaped breast feathering and a flimsier wrap around pin. Yours is the second version with spearhead shaped brest feathering and the massive pin. Attached is a family picture of both types

JC
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X