General Tunic of Wilhelm Ulex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
    Very easy if you are not blind of course. I had enough Tunics in my Life that i can very easy say this one is absolute and total Garbage. Effects are fake, Quality a Joke, only Thing what is good with this Tunic is, it is not mine.

QUOTE=phild;8557627]I don’t see how any conclusions one way or the other can be made from those photos alone in terms of it is a period General set up or not.
    [/QUOTE]

Wow, the polish didn't hold long .....
    You're right about the tunic not being close to what the seller apparently sold it as, but as the owner noted (and I and others have noted before in another thread): no need to be rude about it.
    Kind regards,
    Sandro

Comment

Yeah, right. When i would be rude, that would look a lot different. Tunic is fake from Top to Bottom, and more is there not to say. And when someone collect more then 16 Years, this should be more then crystal Clear, sorry.

Wow, the polish didn't hold long .....
      You're right about the tunic not being close to what the seller apparently sold it as, but as the owner noted (and I and others have noted before in another thread): no need to be rude about it.
      Kind regards,
      Sandro[/QUOTE]
      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

I have read this thread with interest and general consensus is the tunic is not good. Is it not period at all or is it period but not la Generals tunic?

Can you give any pointers as to why it isnt what it is purported to be?

Just trying to learn more and more :-)

Comment

The Base Tunic was at one Point a Officer Tunic. Then someone reworked it, and try to build a General but he did a terrible Job. Here is the Video from this Tunic, guess that Buyer made it. That should be enough that the even the last one can see that its a Joke. Look at the Bottons, Boards Eagle.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvGLinFvnpY

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom3SE View Post
            I have read this thread with interest and general consensus is the tunic is not good. Is it not period at all or is it period but not la Generals tunic?

Can you give any pointers as to why it isnt what it is purported to be?

Just trying to learn more and more :-)
            @ Phantom3SE: there are many red flags, but just to name a few: cloth is not what one would expect to see in what supposedly is an early war or prewar tunic: insignia appears to be of poor quality (the eagle definitely looks bad to me, the rest is not very clearly depicted on WAF) and sloppily applied; the shoulder boards are for a Genaralmajor (which would date the tunic to 1933-1935, which this tunic definitely is not); etc., etc. So wrong era tunic, "upgraded" to general. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
            Sandro
            Last edited by GdC26; 10-19-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GdC26 View Post
              @ Phantom3SE: there are many red flags, but just to name a few: cloth is not what one would expect to see in what supposedly is an early war or prewar tunic: insignia appears to be of poor quality (the eagle definitely looks bad to me, the rest is not very clearly depicted on WAF) and sloppily applied; the shoulder boards are for a Genaralmajor (which would date the tunic to 1933-1935, which this tunic definitely is not); etc., etc. So wrong era tunic, "upgraded" to general. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
              Sandro
              Very interesting thank you Sandro

Comment

The tunic looks like an early Reichwehr/Reichsheer tunic. It has 8 front botton closure and slanted lower pockets. The eagle looks like very poor quality' It does not look like having any tailor name tag.
                It is important to do research before buying any tunic. It took me 3 years of research before I found a real named Generalmajor tunic that I felt comfortable
                Please send it back ASAP

Juan

Comment

Get your money back. I have looked at this uniform in hand and it is not original. It is built from parts and pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
                    Yeah, right. When i would be rude, that would look a lot different.
                    What, you'd be more of of a dick than you normally are?

You obviously have a lot of knowledge on the subject, I appreciate and respect that - but, IMO, your poor disrespectful behavior towards other members is not worth having you on this forum.

Last edited by naxos; 10-19-2019, 08:10 PM.

Comment

His 5th Ranger uniform is a put together. I wouldn't buy from this guy.

Comment

I'm going to be the odd man out. The tunic looks just like the one in the period photo with the autograph, especially the placement of the collar tabs and the unique breast eagle.

Steve
                        ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Sherlock View Post
                          I'm going to be the odd man out. The tunic looks just like the one in the period photo with the autograph, especially the placement of the collar tabs and the unique breast eagle.

Steve
                          You are actually not odd Steve, there is at least one other who sees this the same way. High quality early 30s tunic, early quality insignia. A close inspection is required to ascertain if insignia and buttons are period applied and if tunic was upgraded for promotion or made with that insignia. Probably the former, not that it matters. The same points must be taken with any and every Generals tunic.

Comment

Johny had it in hand and called it, what more is required? I am very comfortable with his opinion.J

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                              johny had it in hand and called it, what more is required? I am very comfortable with his opinion.j
                              +1

Comment

Beside that all the Insignias are fake and aged, go and compare the period Picture with this. And then there should not be any more Question. First, where are the Pockets? Second, look close at the Tab ( period Picture early Tabs, this Tunic cheap fake tabs and very very cheap fake Boards).....
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X