Post your Max Show finds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your Max Show finds!

I’m sure in the coming days everyone will be posting pictures of their new holy grail in their collection, so why not here?

Show off a bit! I wasn’t able to attend this year, so hopefully I can experience it vicariously through this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the only one I picked up,. It's a real looker, all but mint.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice Waffenrock.
      You will have to put right the aiguillette.
      Attached Files

Comment

I like what I see so far! Nice piece

Comment

Since this is the uniform forum, I'll just show the three tunics I came home with.

Some collectors only like field uniforms, but I like all types so I jumped at the chance to purchase two Waffenrocks to units that were part of the 6th Armee and were wiped out at Stalingrad. The Korps Nachrichten Abteilung 51 (to 11th Korps) is named and I was able to pull him up on the Volksbund site and sure enough - he went missing at Stalingrad. The reserve officer in Pionier-Abteilung 16 is unnamed but that unit became 16th Panzer-Pionier-Abteilung to the 16th Panzer Division. And the Rock is in virtually impeccable shape, so I feel it has a place in my collection. I also chanced upon an unworn "M40" field tunic that a dealer/friend from Belgium had bought as a walk-in at the show. The tunic shows no signs of wear at all, with one moth hole hidden under the lower pocket bellows and one moth nip on the rear. Otherwise it's damn near perfect. It has a Gefreiter stripe on the sleeve which may be post-war added, simply because the tunic appears to have had no use.

Pardon the quick and sloppy photos. Some of these will eventually get their own threads as time allows.
          Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful finds! As a Pionier collector the one Waffenrock certainly is extremely nice!

Terrific eye!

Comment

Nice stuff TWS, I looked at the pionier also, but ran out of cash by Friday morning. nice score

Comment

Originally posted by Stickfigure21 View Post
                Beautiful finds! As a Pionier collector the one Waffenrock certainly is extremely nice!

Terrific eye!

Originally posted by Reichsword View Post
                Nice stuff TWS, I looked at the pionier also, but ran out of cash by Friday morning. nice score
                Thank-you gents. I'm really trying not to buy anymore Waffenrocks. I have too many as it is. But both of these being to Stalingrad units and the Nachrichten being named and the Pionier being so damn minty... It was just too much to resist.

Comment

I know what you mean, Pioniers are always hard for me to resist too!

Comment

Great items everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by TWS View Post
                      Since this is the uniform forum, I'll just show the three tunics I came home with.

Some collectors only like field uniforms, but I like all types so I jumped at the chance to purchase two Waffenrocks to units that were part of the 6th Armee and were wiped out at Stalingrad. The Korps Nachrichten Abteilung 51 (to 11th Korps) is named and I was able to pull him up on the Volksbund site and sure enough - he went missing at Stalingrad. The reserve officer in Pionier-Abteilung 16 is unnamed but that unit became 16th Panzer-Pionier-Abteilung to the 16th Panzer Division. And the Rock is in virtually impeccable shape, so I feel it has a place in my collection. I also chanced upon an unworn "M40" field tunic that a dealer/friend from Belgium had bought as a walk-in at the show. The tunic shows no signs of wear at all, with one moth hole hidden under the lower pocket bellows and one moth nip on the rear. Otherwise it's damn near perfect. It has a Gefreiter stripe on the sleeve which may be post-war added, simply because the tunic appears to have had no use.

Pardon the quick and sloppy photos. Some of these will eventually get their own threads as time allows.
                      Love this M40 ! Still looking for one in decent size and condition ( with no success yet ).

Comment

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
                        Love this M40 ! Still looking for one in decent size and condition ( with no success yet ).
                        Thanks! Understand. I have been collecting a very long time, since I was a kid, and this is the second "M40" I have ever bought. I still have the M40 tunic I bought in 1989 but decided to add this one as it is mint and the first one I bought is heavily worn and has the common modification of being shortened a little.

One suggestion I have to find a nice M40 would be to keep an eye on Mike Davis' site Virtual Grenadier. He has had a couple nice M40 tunics on there recently and will probably get more over time.
                        Last edited by TWS; 09-23-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Nice Finds. Great M40 TWS, congrasts to that one
                          WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by Reichsword View Post
                            Here is the only one I picked up,. It's a real looker, all but mint.
                            That's an extremely nice Rock there. I love cavalry and recon uniform items. It will look even better when you get a few minutes to arrange the aiguillette.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X