General's waffenrock cuff insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General's waffenrock cuff insignia

Thoughts on this General's waffenrock cuff insignia?
    Attached Files

Looks great. They are not easy to find.

Comment

Looks good to me, Nick.

Don

Comment

Ooohhh lovely

Comment

Nick,

Please forgive me for poaching on your thread, but I also have a pair, and would value opinions on them also...

Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

I really like these too, nice and tight and symetrical.
            However, being constructed with celleon and not real bullion. I can not find an actual date on the use of celleon before 1938. ( perhaps someone could help with this date)

Found this link in a posting on the forum today.

GFM

Since nobody has made note of Angolia's research on celleon in this thread, I'll add it for posterity. This is from "Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe, Volume I";

To "eliminate the need of gold, to reduce purchase costs, and to increase the wearing periods," gold was substituted by a newly-developed material "Celleon" by an order (HV 38B, No. 258) dated 15 July, 1938. Celleon web, celleon lace and cord, etc., was made of a silver-plated web on a golden-yellow or white artificial silk base with a golden-colored textile-cellophane spinning. Bright Celleon had a base of silver-plated web, and matte Celleon had a white silk base.

This information is repeated in the Heer and Kriegsmarine volumes as well, under the sections on "Material of Insignia".
            Last edited by Silberkreuz; 09-15-2019, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X