What are these buttons for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these buttons for?

Standard Army coat size but prong backs? To big for visor side button and would work as tunic buttons. Did they use these for shoulder straps?
    Attached Files

I think they are for the coat-tails of the Waffenrock
    Attached Files

Comment

Oh! Thanks!

Comment

Having owned many Waffenrock style tunics I have never encountered one with this style button applied. It is easy to feel the shank of a regular button on the back scalloped panels. The only use for the type button with bendable tabs I can think of might be on an SA kepi where there isn’t likely to be a chance of it being yanked out.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
          Having owned many Waffenrock style tunics I have never encountered one with this style button applied. It is easy to feel the shank of a regular button on the back scalloped panels. The only use for the type button with bendable tabs I can think of might be on an SA kepi where there isn’t likely to be a chance of it being yanked out.
          Makes sense, tho they came in the effects of a U.S. Vet with only Army insignia.

Comment

they were used on parade tunic cuff patches with a thin metal back plate

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X