HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tropical Panzer Grenadier straps for review ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical Panzer Grenadier straps for review ?

Would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this set of mid war tropical straps ?
    Wartime or post war ?

thanks

Tim
    Attached Files

This type have been discussed before Tim,

many do not like them. We have been making a study of more than one pair out here in NZ. And I have quite a range of images of this type on file.

If they are original then they a 1944 version and probably the last of the tropical straps made by the Germans in WW2.

I base the 1944 date to the type of twill used (German or from else where in the Reich ?), the piping (an artificial silk blend with a high level of a type of cellulose in it producing a shinny effect) and the later simplified type of button hole seen on some 1944 and 1945 dated tunics.

However, many do not like them and simply dismiss them as bad which is understandable.

In the absence of any more evidence/ findings it is hard to say more at this stage,

Chris

Comment

I'm among the naysayers. The shiny rayon piping and the look of the buttonholes give me the same gut feeling I get from certain straps we have discussed before -> http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=973462
      On those here the construction doesn't even look convincing, must be some of the early works of Mr. Fayker.

Comment

Not good for me also : wrong piping , strange construction , strange thread
        used ...
        Nick

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
          This type have been discussed before Tim,

many do not like them. We have been making a study of more than one pair out here in NZ. And I have quite a range of images of this type on file.

If they are original then they a 1944 version and probably the last of the tropical straps made by the Germans in WW2.

I base the 1944 date to the type of twill used (German or from else where in the Reich ?), the piping (an artificial silk blend with a high level of a type of cellulose in it producing a shinny effect) and the later simplified type of button hole seen on some 1944 and 1945 dated tunics.

However, many do not like them and simply dismiss them as bad which is understandable.

In the absence of any more evidence/ findings it is hard to say more at this stage,

Chris
          Hi Chris

Good accessment
          Funny i was going to send you an em about these straps then thought just to post them up here. Glad you were first to respond as we have discussed this type of strap before. When i first saw them i thought these are similar to the "late war/fake" tropical straps with the shiny piping. Still don't like them.

cheers

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Hptm. Fuhrmann View Post
            I'm among the naysayers. The shiny rayon piping and the look of the buttonholes give me the same gut feeling I get from certain straps we have discussed before -> http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=973462
            On those here the construction doesn't even look convincing, must be some of the early works of Mr. Fayker.
            Good observations as usual. The piping, & buttonholes and the tongue shape/undersides are similar to those in the link you posted. Also correct these have been in a collection for many years

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
              Not good for me also : wrong piping , strange construction , strange thread
              used ...
              Nick
              Thanks Nick for your thoughts. Yes part of the confusion is that most (in some cases all) of the materials used on these straps is the same as whats used on original straps. But the details give them away. Good to hear from you my friend

All comments welcome ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X