Grossdeutschland tunic for opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grossdeutschland tunic for opinions

Hi guys can I have your opinion on this uniform please?
    Attached Files

Basic tunic is a original EM tunic in italian gabardine upgraded to officer; IMO though good chance it is restored. The shoulder boards - although these appear to be original GD boards - show much more wear then the other insignia for example.

Furthermore it is very easy to upgrade standard boards with GD cyphers and add 5x the value to them, same goes for cuff titles, plenty originals still to be found. Hence I am Always very weary of "original" GD garments offered in the market...these are very rare to be found hence most of them are postwar creations.

Comment

GD tunic

I am with "Zauberflöte".
      The fabric of the sleeve is contracted behind the cufftitle. What could point to a recent application.
      Insignia look original.

Comment

The cuff title looks far too fresh, especially compared to the boards. I suspect it is a put-together piece.

Don

Comment

IMO put together ( all original, but put together postwar ). Insignia are not consistant with the jacket ( not the same wear ).

Comment

Old Alan Beadle tunic.
            Few more to say...

Comment

Originally posted by Vic View Post
              Old Alan Beadle tunic.
              Few more to say...
              Hi Vic

By saying that you are saying its repro or what , i am fairly new to collecting , started lets say 9 years ago so dont know code names what each dealer meant , could you clarify your statement please ?

kind regards
              Greg

Comment

That means nothing else then the Tunic is build....someone took a stripped Tunic....and when he was finish...this came out of it. If you want to buy it, pay the Price from the Parts, minus some Money because the Job is crap

Originally posted by fasol View Post
                Hi Vic

By saying that you are saying its repro or what , i am fairly new to collecting , started lets say 9 years ago so dont know code names what each dealer meant , could you clarify your statement please ?

kind regards
                Greg
                WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by fasol View Post
                  Hi Vic

kind regards
                  Greg
                  Alan Beadle was a militaria dealer a few years back:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=227637&page=2

A quick check reveals that he is still skulking around but not under AB-Militaria.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...50820/officers

Make your own mind up

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X