gebirgsjager ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gebirgsjager ???

Dear forum users.Those interested in gebirgsjager.Mountain Rangers there were special bags in the backpack with parts of a different color.green,blue,red.Who can help me and suggest what ammunition there was, depending on the color? I ask this in many forums and no one knows the answer.With respect, Vlad

Would be best you post Pictures from the Bags you mean. I have no clue what you are talking about since there was no special Ammo for GBJ. And i have a complete original packed GBJ Rucksack here....and there are no Boxes with 3 different Colors....
    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Do you mean the bags with a coloured triangle in one corner at the top? These aren’t for ammunition. My understanding is that they are used for personal items and the colour coding helps the Jaeger select the correct bag when looking for something.

I think there are some threads on the forum about these bags.

Regards,
      Michael

Comment

Here’s one of the threads: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d+green+yellow

Michael

Comment

I always heard these small bags were for the climbing pitons , with different sizes
          explaining the different colours ?
          Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Lutfen View Post
            Do you mean the bags with a coloured triangle in one corner at the top? These aren’t for ammunition. My understanding is that they are used for personal items and the colour coding helps the Jaeger select the correct bag when looking for something.

I think there are some threads on the forum about these bags.

Regards,
            Michael
            Thank you for the answers gentlemen Absolutely.certainly true for ammunition is the difficulty of translating to English.I believe that in these bags piled Medicine Esbit food Supply and so on.And I'm wondering which color went where

Comment

Originally posted by Lutfen View Post
              Here’s one of the threads: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d+green+yellow

Michael
              I was also interested in this question reference is correct and it is those bags But I think there should be some German charters or military instruction which indicates which color is suitable for the particular Luggage.

Comment

Now i know what you mean. These are Climbing Piton Bags, different Color marked for different Size. Used by Hochgebirgsjager.

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                  I always heard these small bags were for the climbing pitons , with different sizes
                  explaining the different colours ?
                  Nick
                  I think so.Mountains are a risky environment and there should be clear instructions on what to put in what bag. If your friend is the medicine put in a bag with a conditional red area can of food and you were hoping to find a bandage.That's wrong.I don't know if my logic is right.Option with rock hooks, too, well is logical? Very interesting topic and many collectors gebirgsjager don't know the answer

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
                    Now i know what you mean. These are Climbing Piton Bags, different Color marked for different Size. Used by Hochgebirgsjager.
                    So these are rock hooks after all?

Comment

Rucksack Color-coded bags

I would suggest that these were NOT intended for pitons, or any other sharp or heavy items. I base this upon my own experience storing these types of items in my own bags. They are usually too thin and lightweight to handle such a task, and quickly rip open. Heavier canvas is more suitable, and though some bags were made with that material, most are not (in my experience).

Much of the mountain service equipment was simply adapted from civilian hiking, camping, skiing, and mountain-climbing equipment. The specific use of these bags and the significance of the color tags may well have been common knowledge among the people involved with those activities at that time; and therefore was not necessary to explain in the manuals. I suggest that it was up to the individual what was stored in these bags, and the colors allowed them to quickly find their socks, or toothpaste, etc.

Comment

Exactly.

Originally posted by Vladislav View Post
                        So these are rock hooks after all?

Comment

There was information that these bags were intended for signal flags of different colors for communication in the mountains.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X