Ski Jäger For Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski Jäger For Review

I would like the assistance of the forum please. Is this Ski Jäger cloth sleeve formation sign an original wartime or post-war fake please? Personally I think it is a fake but bow to experienced collectors on this forum.

Thank you for looking, Keith
    Attached Files

Did you try the black light ?
    IMO a repro .
    Nick

Comment

Hello Nick,

Yes the white crossed skis glow under the black light, but I don't believe the test is 100% definitive.

Thank you

Keith

Comment

Nothing wrong for me at this one. I like it.
        WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

I prefer the Bevo version of this patch.

IMO, the skis may have been added to an original patch.

I have never seen an original embroidered Ski Jaeger patch,
          although there is a variation on white ribberd cotton that some
          collectors believe to be original...

Comment

Hello,

Although the black light is not 100% definitive it is definitely a great tool to get a baseline from. Seeing that this is a rare patch in a rare construction style and it glows, gives me little faith that it is original. I have never seen an original embroidered Ski-Jager patch that I felt comfortable with and I don't feel comfortable with this one at all.

Fred

Comment

And somebody saw the documentary photo with a Ski-Jager patch?

Comment

Stumbled into this thread.....looking at the back of the patch IMO I see remnants (most has been removed) of embroidery stabilising paper around the embroidery .......the white felty looking stuff that makes the edge of the embroidery fluffy.......that was not invented until 1972
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by popskipa View Post
                  Hello Nick,

Yes the white crossed skis glow under the black light, but I don't believe the test is 100% definitive.

Thank you

Keith
                  The UV is a good tool , especially with white embroidery/sewing threads .
                  A good help !
                  Not always with cloth ...
                  IMO a good 70/80's repro .
                  Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood View Post
                    Stumbled into this thread.....looking at the back of the patch IMO I see remnants (most has been removed) of embroidery stabilising paper around the embroidery .......the white felty looking stuff that makes the edge of the embroidery fluffy.......that was not invented until 1972

Gary

That's great information. About 20 years ago a small cache of embroidered ski jager patches surfaced. There were two styles a field grey version and a version in white. A good friend and well known collector said they came from a tailor shop. The field grey versions were in various stages of mothing. I bought one example of each. A few field grey versions were bought and offered by Weitze. They sold quickly. I don't know if anyone offered the white versions on there sites. Not sure there were that many to begin with. An example of the white version was shown in the German edition of Benders Uniforms and Traditions.

I need to check mine out and see how they compare to the one that started the thread.

Jim

Comment

Here are the two patches I mentioned. They are both constructed in a totally different manner then the thread starter. You can see the aging on the field grey version. I sewed both patching on a piece of field grey cloth for display. The white patch is sewn on some type of ribbed linen etc. Jim
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X