oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wehrmacht Metal Breast Eagle. Dif. Wehrmacht & Kriegsmarine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrmacht Metal Breast Eagle. Dif. Wehrmacht & Kriegsmarine?

Hi Folks,
    I've got this metal breast eagle and just wondered what the difference is between Wehrmacht and Kriegsmarine? I know that Kriegsmarine is supposed to have a gold 'wash' but I have seen some that are purely silver like this one. How do you tell the difference when the gold wash has come off? I only need to know because I'm selling the eagle and need to be sure I describe it right!
    Thanks in advance,
    Terry.
    Attached Files

b)
    Attached Files

Comment

I Looks like it was gold at some point then probably the gold finish faded over time and some collector in the past improved/cleaned it so it looked like a KM Admin eagle

Comment

Hi Terry,

Nice early 5 feather variation of the summer uniform bird. I attached a pict of a later version of the same bird in gold & silver but with different metal, hardware and more pronouced die wear/flaws, particularly on the gold one

I cant say for sure if yours was always silver or if its a gold one that lost its finish but personally, I am enclined to beleive its a silver one that lost a bit of silver finish and the underlying tombac base metal shows through because I doubt the gold could have been so completely removed from the detail (wreath pebbling & laurel leaves, feathering etc.) without leaving more evident traces of its former presence.

Cheers

JC
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X