Hat/lapel pin I.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hat/lapel pin I.D.

What is this gold eagle pin? I took a photo beside the RAD hat pin to help show the size.
    Attached Files

shoulder board device

Comment

Originally posted by jmcm View Post
      shoulder board device
      Any certain branch or rank?

Comment

I believe it is for a specific kind of Wehrmacht official, but I don't have my books with me at this time.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
          I believe it is for a specific kind of Wehrmacht official, but I don't have my books with me at this time.
          That's right.

It was worn by Kriegsverwaltungsbeamte [= "War Administration Officials"] / later re-designated Militärverwaltungsbeamte [= "Military Administration Officials"] instead of the "HV" device worn by other officials.

They were a special group of officials in Wehrmacht service separate both from the soldiers and the regular officials.

These men were career civilian administrative officials with the respective specialized qualifications who were called up for the duration of the war to serve in within the civilian- and economic administration branches of the German military governments in the occupied territories.

Comment

Finally found a pair; credit to Collector's Guild from a while back:

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Gold ones actually I think were used by KM. They are not Army.

Comment

Yes, I checked it. It is a shoulder board device for Navy Officials.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X