a nicht-zo-geschonte tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a nicht-zo-geschonte tunic

I have been meaning to post these pics for a long time and was going through the digital camera memory and came across them. Purchased eons ago at Natl Cap Historical Sales in Virginia, USA, when GP had racks of them in a store. Some bonehead removed the breast eagle (me) and then sloppily resewed it on. But the pics are not the best so maybe that crime is not too evident. If anyone wants better pics, let me know. Notice the repairs to front pocket and back skirt.

Two questions, help me out now: 1) Can someone in the U.S. resew the eagle, properly? 2) The loop on the breast pocket: what was that for? I put an IAB on it for the photo but were these sewn on their for a particular decoration?

That's three questions...

Oh yes, the shoulder boards are repros made of original material or something like that from years ago. I was at my first SOS a month ago and saw no original infantry EM boards! Let me know if you have a pair ya might wanna sell me.

Cheers, Brian
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

more more
      Attached Files

Comment

mothy Gefreiter stripes
        Attached Files

Comment

Well worn, well used well, well repaired and with medal loop (many badges possible). I like these like that!
          That been there, gone through a war example (not a best dress closet survivor!)

Comment

Thanks. Yes, I like these too. Owner probably dodged his share of 7.62 cm ratsch boom or 105mm and 25 pdr. Maybe all three...

=========
            Well worn, well used well, well repaired and with medal loop (many badges possible). I like these like that!
            That been there, gone through a war example (not a best dress closet survivor!)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X