Considerations about the Feldhemd fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considerations about the Feldhemd fabric

Hello, few days ago, wanting to deepen the study on the so called Aertex fabric (used for the most to manufacture the feldhemd), i came across an article that explained that the real Aertex fabric has a honeycomb shape, the same fabric of this field shirt i have in collection, liberated, together others, from an old build of the Bavaria some years ago.
    Then, why do we insist on defining Aertex fabric the Jersey fabric of the normal field shirts?

Shirt in real Aertex fabric
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alex Ciavaglia; 03-13-2019, 08:01 AM.

Field shirt with the normal Jersey fabric:
    Attached Files

Comment

Not sure I understand the question, but I think Aertex has to do with ‘aeration’ within the weave of a fabric, cotton. So there can be several different weaves and patterns that still provide Aeration within the fabric and still wick moisture away and provide warmth and ventilation.

https://aertex.com/the-fabric/

WWII The British Armoured Division (Desert Rats) wore Aertex® bush shirts & Jackets. So it was originally created in England, and the Germans appropriated the technique and process to manufacture shirts as well. Possibly "Aertex" was a general term for a sport shirt, like we call things Kleenex, the name brand name instead of what it is, a tissue.

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
        Not sure I understand the question, but I think Aertex has to do with ‘aeration’ within the weave of a fabric, cotton. So there can be several different weaves and patterns that still provide Aeration within the fabric and still wick moisture away and provide warmth and ventilation.

WWII The British Armoured Division (Desert Rats) wore Aertex® bush shirts & Jackets. So it was originally created in England, and the Germans appropriated the technique and process to manufacture shirts as well. Possibly "Aertex" was a general term for a sport shirt, like we call things Kleenex, the name brand name instead of what it is, a tissue.

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post

Hi Jerry, since it was invented, with the term Aertex was indicated also the kind of weaving the cotton fabric was produced with.
          If you try to search some modern clothing manufactured in Aertex fabric, still produced nowadays, you will see only the fabric weaved with the honeycomb shape.
          What i try to say, it is that the most of the feldhemden that we usually call Aertex model, they are not really made in Aertex weawing but only in Jersey one.
          In the Wehrmacht, the germans were referring them with Trikothemden, a generic term that encase all kind of weaving the shirt was produced with.
          Last edited by Alex Ciavaglia; 03-13-2019, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X