M44 beVo Flatwire eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M44 beVo Flatwire eagles

looking at the M44 eagles why do one on dark green when for quite some time they had moved on to fieldgrey backing is it a non German maker or what
    They had gone from prewar dk green mounted flat wire to more subdued dark green flat wire to subdued flat wire on field grey ,so why back to wire on dark green
    Attached Files

I don’t think there’s any particular reason, lots of different colours were used,
    Here’s a couple of my flat wires
    Top is massive 13 cm
    Bottom 12 cm
    Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=upbeek;8393774]I don’t think there’s any particular reason, lots of different colours were used,
      No its not about random variations from different makers its about a progression to 1944

Comment

Hello,

In 1940 the facing color changed to field grey. The m40 4th pattern breast eagle had a field grey backing, both enlisted and flatwire. When the M44 triangular eagle came out the enlisted version was on field grey but the flatwire was done on dark green. No rhyme or reason for it to be on dark green.

I do have an example of an M44 flatwire on field grey. The pattern is a little different and it is larger than other M44 eagles. The construction is good from the back and I like it.

Fred
        Attached Files

Comment

Size comparison
          Attached Files

Comment

I think everything a little more simply. By 1944 the industry of Germany already began to experience difficulties with raw materials including with dyes because many chemical plants were destroyed. Therefore possibly also used fabric dark green, it is probable from old stocks, was not before observance of orders and regulations any more IMO

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X