No announcement yet.

BeVo 1st pat flatwire eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting thread of discussion turns out. Here some more eagles for Heer of the first type. And one more eagle on a blue background. The seller attributed this eagle for zonderfyurer.
    Attached Files

Comment

Three more eagles of the first type for a panzerwaffe from various manufacturers.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
        Hello,

I have seen those eagles on that armband and they were a 2nd pattern. I have never seen a first pattern eagle put to that use.

Fred
        it did surprise me as the armband only came in late 1942 i just put it down to using old stock breast eagles or production mistakes black on white instead of dk blue on white for km

Comment

Yury,

To me, that white eagle on a blue background looks like a Kriegsmarine administrative breast eagle. People say that there are Sonderfuhrer breast eagles on a blue-grey background, but the background is not navy blue like your eagle (which is a very nice original).

Lloyds, I agree about that black-on-white eagle. I have seen black-on-white second pattern design eagles on those armbands, but never the first pattern design eagles. Hard to know what the first pattern eagles may have been for; it would be pure guesswork at this point.

Comment

Mark, thanks, perhaps an eagle really belongs to administrative service KM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
            X