Wehr Heer Cap metal Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehr Heer Cap metal Eagle

This one sure doesn't match anything I've got. Lots of tiny parallel gouges that look like file marks? Hmmm. What's the verdict? I'm suspicious (nearly of everything nowadays).

Best, Vaughn
    Attached Files

Wehrmacht Heer Cap Eagle

Backside
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Vaughn,

I have an identical example. It bends too easily imo and the striping effect I think is actually in the basemetal, not filing or a finish. I think mine is a repro. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can confirm.

Regards
      Mike K
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

I'm not sure about yours but I have a similar one I consider original, but if I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first. Mine has a silver finish of some sort applied to it. The detail's not to bad on mine for being a "late war" piece.
        Attached Files

Comment

Wehr Heer Eagle

I tend the think mine is a fake. I can't imagine the Germans releasing insignia with the striping on it (which appears as a flaw to me). Perhaps someone tried to copy the late-war eagle with only partial success? Any other thoughts?

Best,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X