An ?unusual hat wreath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike,

these cockades were used in the early yeasr of the W/M and were of stamped serrated vulcanized fiber or paste board (uniform and trad. Angolia / Schlicht) vol 1 p 82/83

Ashley

Comment

Hi Ashley,

Many thanks for that info. I've picked up Vol 2 but I'm still looking for V1 & V3 - added incentive now!

Regards
      Mike K
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

This has been driving me crazy, (OK, so it's a short trip, not a bad commute at all. ) not being able to turn up the organization that used this!!!

The cockade is indeed of the Imperial type, see selection ---->

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...light=cockades

but the construction (and maker mark) on the wreath is certainly not Weimar era.

The fact that the attachment visible to either side of the cockade is painted green certainly seems to suggest it was meant to blend in with a cap band that color.

The style LOOKS "navy." Or maybe railways, but without the usual winged wheel at bottom. The cockade looks pre-1935. Some sort of "transition" period item?

The wreath design matches nothing I've ever seen. And how many Reichs organizations were out there that NONE of us are able to identify?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X