Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artillery Unteroffizier board for review

Hello all,
    I am fairly new to German items and just picked up an artillery unteroffizer strap and I was hoping I could get some opinions on it. Ive been reading a couple of books on the subject but wanted to see what y'all think.
    Thank you
    Attached Files

willkommen

Welcome to the forum, Tulahex. Looks like a nice original strap and unit numbered loop. You will be able to find out more about the unit by doing a little interesting research. And keep in mind officers wear boards, all others wear straps!

Comment

Thank you for the correction I have been using them interchangeably!

Comment

Originally posted by Tulahex View Post
        Thank you for the correction I have been using them interchangeably!
        Many collectors do, but pauke is 100% correct.

I also think it's a nice good later strap.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
          Welcome to the forum, Tulahex. Looks like a nice original strap and unit numbered loop. You will be able to find out more about the unit by doing a little interesting research. And keep in mind officers wear boards, all others wear straps!
          I hope I can find some unit information. Ive been researching U.S. items in my collection for years and that is honestly the most enjoyable part of collecting in my opinion!

Comment

Definitely a good one as previously stated! Nice early on piece to have too - I wish I had started collecting shoulder straps with überschübe much sooner!

Comment

Schulterklappe

It is a M40 pattern Schulterklappe for the rank of Unteroffizer with subdued NCO tresse. The rayon red color piping along the edge denotes the branch of service via the color (Waffenfarbe), in this case Artillerie. Here is a link to a unit history and you can see the higher unit that the regiment belonged to:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...Gliederung.htm

It is a nice original strap in my opinion with a unit slide (Aufschiebeschlaufe).
              Last edited by Schulterklappen; 01-29-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Schulterklappen View Post
                It is a M40 pattern Schulterklappe for the rank of Unteroffizer with subdued NCO tresse. The rayon red color piping along the edge denotes the branch of service via the color (Waffenfarbe), in this case Artillerie. Here is a link to a unit history and you can see the higher unit that the regiment belonged to:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...Gliederung.htm

It is a nice original strap in my opinion with a unit slide (Aufschiebeschlaufe).
                Thanks to everyone for the help! One last question: is it normal for the buttonhole on the strap and tongue to no longer line up? The board would have to be significantly distorted to fit them on the same button. Could this just be due to age?

Comment

seek

The strap is a little unusual in that the buttonhole on the tongue is very close to the end, but it would not matter in wear. If you are looking for some more common "starter" straps you might PM some of the strap/board collectors who typically comment on the forum. There is also the "wanted" thread at the bottom. Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                    The strap is a little unusual in that the buttonhole on the tongue is very close to the end, but it would not matter in wear. If you are looking for some more common "starter" straps you might PM some of the strap/board collectors who typically comment on the forum. There is also the "wanted" thread at the bottom. Best of luck!
                    Will do! Thank you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X