Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breast eagle bundle

Hi,

can you give your thoughts on these please.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Good ones , private made version .
    Nick

Comment

Hello,

I personally do not like this pattern of eagle.

Fred

Comment

Good ones, for NCO

Gesendet von meinem SNE-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Comment

I think it a reproduction

Comment

Hi,

thanks for your replies but 50% 50% draw as to real and reproduction.

Personally I think they are authentic periode breast eagles (bought here on e-stand as authentic , no UV+ reflection, old smell to them and nice quality), not common to find as most reproductions are but I need some more opinions and maybe even some periode photographs of these.

Nick, Fred, collector19 and Stive, will you please clarify your opinions a bit.

Comment

Hello Dirk,

I think I have an example of this eagle in my fake box. I haven't made it home yet from a trip and will respond when I get home. The base material that these eagles are on looks spotty and doesn't impress me much. As I said earlier, I personally do not care for this pattern. I will respond back in another day or so.

Fred

Comment

this is my example picked up from local vet in the 1970s with several other original items ,i know it means nothing but it didnt cost anything and i always thought it to be ok
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

To me any private purchase enlisted embroidered breast eagle on field grey is suspect.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                    Hello,

To me any private purchase enlisted embroidered breast eagle on field grey is suspect.

Fred
                    hi my eagle is embroidered on dark green not field grey

Comment

Hello,

Good, On my monitor it appears to be field grey!

Fred

Comment

Fred,

I have looked for a periode picture without result and I have checked the cut-off insignia thread and also without no single eagle resembling mine. Either indeed a late war private made breast eagle, so late they were never issued or they are indeed again post war reproductions.
                        Anyway they are going into my fakes box too until someone finds any solid provenance these actually existed until may 1945.
                        Thank you and all others for your input!

Comment

Hello,

I just back home and took a look through my fake box. I did not find one either. It could be good or it could be bad. I personally do not like this pattern of breast eagle. I will did around a little more and see if I have one stashed some place.

Mark K. on the forum does a lot of postcard searching and has come across quite a few odd breast eagles in wear. You might want to send him a PM.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by deejay View Post
                            Hi,

thanks for your replies but 50% 50% draw as to real and reproduction.

Personally I think they are authentic periode breast eagles (bought here on e-stand as authentic , no UV+ reflection, old smell to them and nice quality), not common to find as most reproductions are but I need some more opinions and maybe even some periode photographs of these.

Nick, Fred, collector19 and Stive, will you please clarify your opinions a bit.
                            Typical period average quality Filz cloth base , typical grey silk-like thread , heavy embroidery a bit round .
                            IMO one of the original versions existing !
                            Never seen a repro made with such a thread and such heavy embroidery .
                            Nick

Comment

Hi deejay,

I made a thread in which I posted a number of period studio postcards I own that show private purchase eagles on army tunics.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807163

It is not easy to find pictures that show good details of these eagles, but I keep looking!

People also posted their eagles, so it is an interesting thread to look at.

Speaking personally, I am not crazy about the eagles in your bundles, but it is very hard to say 100% on these birds, because there is a lot of variation in them.

Hope this is useful,

Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X