Another tropical tunic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another tropical tunic!

Part of my collection awaiting some tender care, the epaulettes and eagle are collector additions, the original tan is almost faded white on the outside but still has the tan colour inside, the buttons are sown on, I purchased it to put it back together as it should be and would be grateful for any of your thoughts on the type of insignia it requires, , can anyone identify the stamps?, many thanks, Paul
    Attached Files
    Last edited by leibregiment; 04-15-2005, 03:05 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

no thoughts! anyone?

Comment

Have been told this maybe a first pattern DAK tunic, can anyone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by leibregiment
              Have been told this maybe a first pattern DAK tunic, can anyone confirm?
              No it's not....looks like a nice,privately-tailored summer tunic patterned after a five-buttons M35/40!
              Manny

Comment

Manny , thanks, do you think it an officers or NCO's?

Comment

Originally posted by leibregiment
                  Manny , thanks, do you think it an officers or NCO's?
                  +
                  Usually the ones to wear privately-tailored garments were the Officers, but there were many an NCO who wore them too!
                  Manny

Comment

Originally posted by derspiess63
                    +
                    Usually the ones to wear privately-tailored garments were the Officers, but there were many an NCO who wore them too!
                    Manny
                    Manny,thanks, any views on the stamps?

Comment

Hi Paul,

This could well have been a Gebirgsjaeger or a Jaeger tunic. The position on the sleeve would be correct for that.
                      Furthermore ... looks like a EM tunic ... tailor made ?

MfG,
                      Bart

Comment

Originally posted by GJR100
                        Hi Paul,

This could well have been a Gebirgsjaeger or a Jaeger tunic. The position on the sleeve would be correct for that.
                        Furthermore ... looks like a EM tunic ... tailor made ?

MfG,
                        Bart
                        Bart, Thanks for your response, do you consider the collar litzen to be added? (I do) so the possibility of it being an officers tunic is realistic, if this is so what type of insignia would it have, European or Afrikakorps, that said if the stamps are depot? might it have been issued to an other rank? Bart, what would you do make it correct? as evermany thanks, Paul

Comment

The loops for the shoulderstraps seem to be a bit wide for Officer boards. Tha small bag for the wound package is placed more to the side. This would be a tunic to handle before I could give a definite opinion.

MfG,
                          Bart

Comment

Grüß Gott Paul,

I'm with Bart on this one, looks like a Gebirgsjäger or Jäger field-made(company tailor) or private purchase. I can't quite make out the stamp markings on the inside...maybe Greek or Russian? By the looks of the Litzen and the Breast Eagle, I would say it is an Enlisted Man's Tunic. I would also say that is probably made from captured shelter-quarters or halves of some type. I know this was common practice with Russian Palatkas...which were also bleached out like this tunic. These types of tunics were utilized in the warmer climates around the Med, like Southern France, Italy, Greece, Yugoslavia, Southern Russia. Here are a few wartime pictures:
                            Attached Files

Comment

another:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X