My new Combat Officer Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new Combat Officer Setup

Here is my new Feldgendarmerie M40 tunic (war-period converted to a combat officer tunic), Feldgendarmerie gorget, and really cool-looking tailor-made breeches. The tunic is in mint condition; even has a small paper attached/glued to the inside.
    Hope you will like it too.
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Nice ... I liked it better when your wife modelled the same gear ...

Comment

cool looking one suggestion get it a way from the window and direct sun lite
          the sun lite can raze havoc

Comment

Looks great! I've been waiting to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by macki
              cool looking one suggestion get it a way from the window and direct sun lite
              the sun lite can raze havoc
              Thank you and of course, I already know that. It is why all blinds on windows in my room are always closed all the way.

I am glad that, you guys, liked the setup.
              The only thing it misses is a Heer officer belt. So please let me know if you have an extra one.

Comment

Peter von Lukas has a few decent looking officers belts on his site. The prices seem pretty fair.

I actually just recently picked up an officers belt for my tunic, in nice worn condition to make my tunic.

The officers belts seem a little harder to find but I think they really finish of the look of the tunic.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Kubasek
                  Peter von Lukas has a few decent looking officers belts on his site.
                  Here is what Scott Pritchett recalled from Angolia's book on belt buckles and brocades:

Originally posted by ScottPritchett
                  Distinctions are made between a Luftwaffe Officer's two-pronged belt and a Heer officer's. The difference is in the distance bewteen the prongs, with the Heer being farther apart. That pictured in this thread would tend to me to look more like a Luftwaffe pattern buckle as a result. Photographs support that they were interchanged between the services, but generally each used the type provided through their respective officer clothing sales stores...and the Heer and Luftwaffe had different retail stores.
                  It is why I tend to believe now that belts on Lukas' Web site are Luftwaffe.
                  Picture for comparison.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting!

If that logic stands correct then I do believe I would actually have a luftwaffe belt.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Kubasek
                      Very interesting!

If that logic stands correct then I do believe I would actually have a luftwaffe belt.
                      Your belt looks even more like Political because Political buckles have rounded corners, not squared off. Also Political are marked while Heer are not.

Comment

After reading this I flipped through some of my photographs and spent the past half hour trying to figure out how to get a decent high res scan (damn technology!)

Anyhow, first here is the full picture, and then I will post a close up of the belt the general is wearing. It appears - and let me know if I am wrong - that the general is wearing a belt with rounded corners and close spaced prongs.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Greg Kubasek; 04-10-2005, 02:07 PM. Reason: bad spelling!

Comment

The plot thickens.. dun dun duuuuun <-- my attempt at suspense music
                          Attached Files

Comment

You know, Greg, I think so too now, it is OK to use both buckles on Heer displays; and it looks like it wasn't a big deal for them either
                            Very nice picture, by the way.

Comment

But surely a General could and would wear whatever he felt like, I'm not really convinced you should take an example from a General to apply to company grade officers. Note the aide's belt behind him !! Just a thought.

NICE setup on the mannequin. The pose suits the uniform extremely well. Good work.

Steve
                              Last edited by afrika; 04-11-2005, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X