Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASERBAIDSCHAN sleeve shield

Hello everyone,
    What do you think of this sleeve shield? Is it an original or a fake?
    Thank you for your help !
    Regards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 03-31-2020, 04:13 PM. Reason: Outside image hosting

I think that by the end of World War II when in the Reich began to do printovy stripes, the separate military division Azerbaijan didn't exist any more, all former divisions of the Soviet collaborators have been united in the Russian Liberation Army (except Cossacks) and it wasn't necessary to print such stripes. IMO

Comment

Original badge . Very easy to get as the market is full of them .
      Still worn in 44 for sure as we found some printed examples in France on POW ...
      Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Stive View Post
        I think that by the end of World War II when in the Reich began to do printovy stripes, the separate military division Azerbaijan didn't exist any more, all former divisions of the Soviet collaborators have been united in the Russian Liberation Army (except Cossacks) and it wasn't necessary to print such stripes. IMO
        Hi Stive,
        There are a number of archival photos that attest to the fact that these insignia were actually worn by specific units, Azerbaijanis, Armenians, Georgians, etc. These "volunteers" were very often incorporated into grenadier battalions in the infantry regiments of the German active divisions and not in specific Armenian, Azerbaijani or other divisions. The question is not whether it existed, because this is already proven, the question is simply whether this printed badge is authentic or not. In my opinion, it is authentic.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Lenny W; 03-31-2020, 04:14 PM. Reason: Outside image hosting

Comment

Thanks for information. It is clear, that earlier received stripes carried, there are no doubts here. But it would be desirable to see the documentary photo specifically with a printovanny Ayzerbayzhdan stripe. Such didn't come across to me yet.

Comment

Yuri, difficult to determine in the archive photos if it is a woven or printed version ... It is also possible that as a measure of economy, the volunteer units were the first to receive from the early 1944 printed badges. Then this method of manufacture having given satisfaction, it developed for other insignia of the armies until the end of the war; it is simply a hypothesis. In any case, without a doubt, the badge which interests us is known as authentic.
            Greetings
            Andrew

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X