Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M44 infantry straps

Hi Guys

I have these straps for sale on the estand and a member would like some opinions on them.

Please would you be so kind as to let me know what you think- all opinions much appreciated!

Many thanks

Patrick
    Attached Files

M-44

Only my opinion, but they look fine from the pictures shown.

Comment

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Nick

Comment

Good ones, as I initially reckoned, does anybody know if these straps are rare?

Comment

Very nice original straps, and yes infantry EM straps are harder to come by than signals, panzergrenadier and artillery for some strange reason…

Regards
              Sonnenwende

Comment

Love the fact that they are clearly from the same production line, but using slightly differeing materials, very M44!

Nice straps!

Regards, Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Sonnenwende View Post
                  Very nice original straps, and yes infantry EM straps are harder to come by than signals, panzergrenadier and artillery for some strange reason…

Regards
                  Sonnenwende
                  Hi Sonnenwende, I agree and have heard differing theories for this. One is that Infantry straps were more likely to be worn to oblivion than some other branches with heavily laden Y straps rubbing against them over long periods (e.g signals might be less so etc), although that would apply also to Pioneer/ PzGren you would think? Another is that after the war Infantry were so common that collectors didn't favour them (seen as boring) so neglected them, to such an extent that they became rare in later years! Whatever the reason, the same is also true for Waffen SS straps where white is surprisingly rare and sought after.

Regards, Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X