DAK Overseas Cap Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAK Overseas Cap Help

I recently purchased a large quanity of vet brought back items, this I think is original but it is not my sort of thing, so any informed opinions about its originality would be appreciated also any idea of its value as I am tinking of selling it on E-stand
    Attached Files

Dak cap

Dak cap
    Attached Files

Comment

DAK cap

grommits are olive drab painted on outside and appear to be oxidised zinc on the inside, faint size 55 markings and very faint what I assume to be makers name, turn up is stitched at the point of the pink chevron, non of the insignia stitches show on inside of cap, underneath the turn up flap cap is quite dark sand colour
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Paul, I like what I see so far, can you post a picture of the inside of the grommetts please?
        HC

Comment

Hello Paul,
          In my opinion, this is an excellent, field worn original overseas cap. I would be very, very interested in purchasing this overseas cap from you. Please let me know how much you would like for it and/or I would be pleased to make you a very nice offer.
          Thank you,
          Curtiss
          nonameno@aol.com

Comment

dak cap

grommets
            Attached Files

Comment

Nothing better than a "being there" tropical cap and to boot panzer. You've got a treasure in your hands

Comment

Great hat!

jeff
                Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

anyone know the price i should askif i put it on estand

Comment

Originally posted by paul a
                    anyone know the price i should askif i put it on estand
                    Well, a rash of these apparently surfaced last year when an Italian collector of long standing liquidated his collection. These were all mint, unissued caps and, I believe, were "retailing" for around $1,000 USD. Evidently there were some 400 of these altogether! (Maybe the number gets larger with the retelling, sorta like a fish-catching story!) I noticed several dealers announcing "new" prices when thery apparently wouldn't sell at the old, pre-glut price (in excess of $1,000).

You probably have a better chance of selling at the high end, simply because most collectors like their tropical items "salty". (At least I do. Too bad this isn't a billed field cap. I would probably join in the feeding frenzy!)

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Comment

Blimey Paul! how many other treasures were in this haul? I love this cap, very tasty indeed.

Comment

BenVk quite a lot but mostly cloth insignia combat awards and medals and 3 caps

Comment

Thats a beauty.One of the few I've seen lately that didn't spend the war in a warehouse.Jim

Comment

No doubt your are being drilled with PMs on this one! Wont last long I suspect.

Comment

DAK Panzer Cap

Hi Paul,

Beautiful cap!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X