Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer NCO shoulder boards, genuine?

Hello fellow collectors!

First time I post some of my own stuff myself. Lets see how it works out!

I have bought a pair of Panzer piped shoulder boards for NCO for a panzer wrapper. Im posting because my feelings are mixed, if original or not. I would like comments from everyone especially the "forum vets".

Construction: Two sheets of quality black wool sewn together. The piping is pink and from wool too. The is no "satin" on the backing as found on most boards. The button hole is stitched in rather good manner en has the keyhole shape. Its a bit out of shape from some use. The boards are also a bit deformed from improper storage. The pips are from some kind of zink alloy and are party oxidized into a grey colour. The prongs on the back are made of brass.

The construction doesnt follow text book pattern so they have to be tailor made in some way. (provided they ARE original)

Could they be for army or SS?

Im most happy for some help!

Cheers,

Felix
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Felix; 04-03-2005, 11:06 AM.

More photos....

Backs...
    Attached Files

Comment

unfolded...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Felix; 04-03-2005, 11:02 AM.

Comment

last photo... Original or not?
        Attached Files

Comment

... Uhh..No comments?

Real deal or ..?

Would be most greatful for some help gentlemen

Cheers,

Felix

Comment

Shoulder boards

Hi Felix,

Wish I had some info for you but actually I'm waiting to see opinions as well. I just received a similar pair yesterday that I will be posting picture of this weekend for opinions.

Can you tell me, is it the exact same material on the bottom of the boards that is also on the top? Also do these feel very soft and "felty" or are they a bit coarse?

Comment

Hi!

Thats very interesting! A similar pair? It would be really interesting to see photos of you pair.

The top and under side material is the same on my par and is from quite soft felt material.

/Felix

Comment

Pz Boards

That's how mine are too, hmmmm...

Comment

Guys:
                  I could be wrong, but there is a lot to be suspicious of with these straps. Most noticable is the base cloth. It is just not right...fuzzy, light weight cloth. Then there is no underside lining to the tongues. The button holes from the top are not keyhole style....at times well-worn straps will show distortion to the button holes, but overall, the waer to these straps do not look a match for that.

Next: original tresse and repro tresse are available in loose batches...have been for years and the two are very close in quality. Pips as well, both wartime, DDR and Bundeswehr as well as repro. Piping also can be had.

The fact that a couple of you have the same unusual straps is suspicious....and sort of tends to weaken the argument some will make that these are 'private purchase originals'.

In the end, there is too much I cannot explain to justify these as unquestionable originals and personally, I'd sooner pass on them than forever try to explain them or prove them, much less unload them.
                  CSP

sigpic

Comment

Panzer boards

Thanks Scott! Mike didn't like mine too much either. They're probably going back.

Comment

Scott, as much as I hate to do it, I have to agree with you. I initially felt that the pair I picked up a month ago was private purchase. Everything felt right with the exception of the tongue. I even located a single artillery strap in Dave's collection that didn't have the tongue reinforcement - which made me feel better about the pair I have.

I've never seen a strap without the tongue reinforcement and suddenly within a month I see three of them - all panzer. In law enforcement we call that a clue.

Unfortunately I am past the inspection period, so I own them.
                      AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Well...

Gentlemen.. please take a look at the following link:

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?...433#5490041433

Recentley another pair, similar to the pair I posted but, with white infantry wool piping sold at German Ebay for 25 Euro. The seller has already deleted the photos. When I asked him he just told me they was part of an old collection from an old man.

/Felix

Comment

Almost without exception, all my straps have a lining to the back of the tongue. Almost. Here is a exception. Came out of Jack Angolia's collection some years ago. Here's the front.
                          Attached Files

Comment

And the back, sans lining. It's made up of two pieces of cloth sewn together.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Those ones I posted are known fakes from Delta International that was located in Hawaii I believe. I bought them back in the 70's, had them confirmed here as fakes a year ago, and was bored one night and fiqured I would post them to see what people had to say. I was quite surprised that some people said they were real.
                              It's my intention that as soon as Seba opens the fake forum to post them there along with some other stuff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X