Pioneer "Der Spiess" Waffenrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike

A combat tunic, specially M-36 are more expensive than Waffenrocks. The pioneer waffenrocks are more expensive than artillery of infantry waffenrocks. The waffenrock from a uncommon branch like smoke troops will bring a lot more. I am sorry that the e-stand thread was deleted as I thought they showed the Der Speiss with aiguilette.

Juan

Comment

Hi Juan -

The Gebirgs DS had a shooting cord on his tunic.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC
        Hi Mike -

How about a shot of the inside? DOH!! I just saw it!

Don
        Don, I wasn't sure what you meant so I did take two more pictures of the inside. Nothing special but here they are anyway.
        Attached Files

Comment

There are no markings on the inside.
          Attached Files

Comment

It is a specialty field. Waffenrocks are nice to look at. Combat tunics rate more with me and I have never looked at Waffenrocks for anything more than investment value to get better combat items. I can say that in the last three years these have gone up considerably. From $300 up to $4000?! Well not really. SOS is not a good barometer as you get a wide swing in what people want for profit and what value is really at. Some of those sellers need to take off the rose colored glasses and look at reality for a change. Ego drives some of that.

I do think that $2700 is in line with current values for better 'Rocks like yours. You just dont encounter your example often.

Someone out there has my favorite branch, Panzergrenadier.

Comment

Hi Mike -

Thank you - I missed the interior shot the first time around. I believe Winkler has two Pionier tunics on his site with the Steurmann badge - one is about 1100 Euro and the other was 900 (I think). Their Steurmann badges are embroidered as opposed to metal. Neither was Der Spiess - just Oberfeldwebel. Given that that's a higher-priced dealer site, that should give you an approximate idea of value.

Don

Comment

This is an example of an embroided Steurmann badges for comparison. It is attached to a M-36 combat tunic.

Juan
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Lloyd -

Curtiss (Nonameno) has your Panzergrenadier tunic (piped, not Waffenrock). But remember, I saw it first! I don't think you will see an unatributed Waffenrock for $2700 any time soon, even a Spiess. The $4000 Waffenrock at the SOS had ironclad provenance to an Oakleaves winner, If we are remembering the same tunic,and I still think it was way overpriced. If Winkler has them for roughly $1200-$1400, I would still say "street" value is around $800 - $1000 for one in this condition. Just my two cents - I know prices have gotten insane lately, but the 'rocks have always lagged behind combat tunics. Good for me, bad for the 'rocks!

Don

Comment

Don,

I agree with you on the price of this Waffenrock...it is a beauty. $800.00 to $1000.00 is about right and probably closer to the $1000.00 mark.

Mark

Originally posted by DonC
                    Hi Lloyd -

Curtiss (Nonameno) has your Panzergrenadier tunic (piped, not Waffenrock). But remember, I saw it first! I don't think you will see an unatributed Waffenrock for $2700 any time soon, even a Spiess. The $4000 Waffenrock at the SOS had ironclad provenance to an Oakleaves winner, If we are remembering the same tunic,and I still think it was way overpriced. If Winkler has them for roughly $1200-$1400, I would still say "street" value is around $800 - $1000 for one in this condition. Just my two cents - I know prices have gotten insane lately, but the 'rocks have always lagged behind combat tunics. Good for me, bad for the 'rocks!

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X