Pioneer "Der Spiess" Waffenrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer "Der Spiess" Waffenrock

Iv'e had this waffenrock for some time and I would like to know what it's approximate value might be? It's a Heer Pioneer Hauptfeldwebel "Der Spiess" waffenrock of the 29th Engineer Regiment, 3rd Company. It has a Stevermann badge on the shoulder which is for a qualified helmsman of engineer assault boats. It also has an Iron cross 2nd class ribbon affixed to the 3rd button hole. When I purchased it the aiguillette was attached so I have left it there. Im not sure if it is correct or not. I added the two place ribbon bar and the black wound badge. Thanks for any additional information. Mike
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Der Speiss bands closeup.
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Stevermann
            Attached Files

Comment

Bullion breast eagle.
              Attached Files

Comment

Shoulder board.
                Attached Files

Comment

Interior
                  Attached Files

Comment

Last pic.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The overall condition is very nice with only a couple of very minor moth tracks and one small moth hole on the front lower left. I noticed some of my pictures of the full tunic did not turn out too well. Must have been the lighting. Condition is much better. Mike

Comment

Dear Mike.
                        I would place an estimate of at least 1,700 $ for the tunic. It lookes fine, with it's "Pioniersteuermannabzeichen". The Aiguillette is placede correctly between second and third button.

Best regards
                        Kenneth.

Comment

I would say around $900-1000, assuming the Steurmann's badge is legit - there were a few on either Weitze's or Winkler's site a few months ago - don't know if they are still there, for about 850 Euro. One had a Steurmann's badge. A combat or piped tunic may go for $1700 on a dealer's site. There's one at a dealer in Dallas that he is asking $700 for, but it's only an Unteroffizier with no neat gew gaws on it. The Steurmann shoulder flash is a neat bonus. The aiguilette is not correct - for an EM/NCO tunic, it should have a shooting lanyard. Enlisted swine did not wear aiguilettes, and I believe that one is civilian or NSDAP, anyway. Der Spiess tunics are rare - I am getting an Arty Spiess in later this week - I'll post pics when I get him mounted. All in all, a hell of a nice tunic!

Don
                          Last edited by DonC; 03-30-2005, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies. I noticed that there is a Der Spiess M-36 tunic on the e-stand priced at $2750. That seller stated that there was a Der Spiess tunic at the SOS priced around $4000. I really don't know if these are realistic prices or not as I personally up to this point have never seen a Der Spiess tunic for sale anywhere. Should the M-36 bring a higher price than my parade dress uniform or vice versa? I really have no idea. I am thinking of selling it and do not wish to over or under price it. Also on my original pictures I forgot to turn off the macro (close up) setting on my camera so I will attach one more picture to see if it shows the overall condition (which is very nice) more accurately.Thanks, Mike
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike -

How about a shot of the inside? DOH!! I just saw it!

Don
                              Last edited by DonC; 03-30-2005, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X