collar tabs and tresses on waffenrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

collar tabs and tresses on waffenrock

Can you tell me what do you think about seams of the collar tabs and tresses please?
    Do you think sewing thread used is original and sewing made during WW2 ?
    I want to thank the owner of the waffenrock for allowing me to post photos of his waffenrock....
    I wait yours opinions
    Regards
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

From these images it is difficult to say exactly what is original as far as the sewing goes. What rank are the shoulder straps? The Tresse on the cuffs and cuff tabs are hand stitched and if that is original then probably the collar tabs and Tresse are also hand stitched.

Comment

Here are shoulder strap
        Attached Files

Comment

The rank for the waffenrock is an Unteroffizier or Junior Sergeant...the tress around the collar and the collar patches have been hand sewn on and should really be machined on, cannot say about the cuff insignia and tress but these also would have been machined to the tunic.

The shoulder boards are sew in and have the embroidered S which stands for Schule (school) which would make this to a signals training school.

A nice tunic and a rare nranch to get in a waffenrock

Comment

I would say it probably is 100% period done. Not all insignia on tailor-made uniforms is machine sewn and some of the insignia was hand sewn. Nice looking uniform.

Comment

I've never been a fan of the hand-sewn tabs, but that is an aesthetic kink on my part and not a judgement on this Rock - many tabs were done like that during and before the war. The soldier may have upgraded to all-private purchase tabs at some point in his career and they were hand-sewn on.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X