X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottPritchett
    Albert:
    Thanks for your response...
    Right...I think it may be a fake, but I do not know for certain...which is why I said "I think" instead of "it is" or "I know...". The piping, method of stitching that secures the piping, the color of the undersides, the style tongue and the rather poorly executed button hole f(ront side view especially) all add up to a less than desirable strap for me, from what I can observe from the pictures. None of that is conclusive as a fake from the digital photo angle...just that it is not a strap to love. Add to this the clearly off-standard attachment of the metal devices and it is even less so. However, some photos from the time show that some EMs took to attaching metal insignia to their straps. If one believes this example to be a privately made piece, and thus, maybe one used on a walking out uniform (typically worn on leave/pass, etc., I believe), then some of these points are plausible and may speak to a belief it could be period original.

In the end, it is not especially collectible unless the collector focuses entirely on strap variations...and that is purely my opinion and probably not germain to the merits of the strap's originality, so sorry for introducing so much personal preference in to this thread.
    Scott, your views and comments are welcome , few more photo's, Paul
    Attached Files

Comment

another one
      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X