Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer or Infantry Boots - help please

Hello,

I understand that panzer crews, Heer infantry, and some Luftwaffe ground crews wore this type of black, leather, winter boot, with felt tops/uppers. Is there a way to tell what type of soldier would have worn these? They are original, correct? This is my first time running across a pair of boots, mixed in with other items.

Thanks for your time,

Paul
    Attached Files

p2

p2
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TK GUY View Post
      Hello,

I understand that panzer crews, Heer infantry, and some Luftwaffe ground crews wore this type of black, leather, winter boot, with felt tops/uppers.
      Who told you so?

Rbd =Reichsbahndepot

Comment

Information

Hello,

I was told that information by a fellow collector/friend of mine. I asked him, as I have no experience with boots. Is his information incorrect?

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

They look like regular felt top general issue boots that were dyed black. There were thousands of pairs of these sold as surplus in the US after to War. They were issued to all branches and services. Not special to any one branch etc. The issue examples I have seen had grey to brown green colored felt tops. I do not recall seeing ones with black tops before, most were light gray.

After the War all WH military clothing worn by civilians in Western allied areas was supposed to be dyed black, not sure if that could be why these are black or post war /wartime done etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
            They look like regular felt top general issue boots that were dyed black. There were thousands of pairs of these sold as surplus in the US after to War. They were issued to all branches and services. Not special to any one branch etc. The issue examples I have seen had grey to brown green colored felt tops. I do not recall seeing ones with black tops before, most were light gray.

After the War all WH military clothing worn by civilians in Western allied areas was supposed to be dyed black, not sure if that could be why these are black or post war /wartime done etc.
            this pair is textbook Reichbahn pair ,typical construction which differ from army/ss/lw
            winter boots

Comment

Originally posted by wehl View Post
              this pair is textbook Reichbahn pair ,typical construction which differ from army/ss/lw
              winter boots
              Never seen them before as I only collect Army items. Good to know.

Comment

I would think they are postwar at any rate.

Comment

Originally posted by wehl View Post
                  winter boots
                  Correct

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                    No, postwar ones show 2 big brass eyelets on top,,and are marked in a diff. way? Of course postwar ones are often offered by dealers as army, ss or panzer...

Comment

Originally posted by TK GUY View Post
                      Hello,

I was told that information by a fellow collector/friend of mine. I asked him, as I have no experience with boots. Is his information incorrect?

Thanks,

Paul
                      very incorrect

Comment

Original pre 45 Reichbahn winter boots , well marked and typically a bit different
                        from the military ones .
                        Not dyed in black but made like this ...
                        Nick

Comment

I don't know anything about Railway workers boots but the size "43" suggests the postwar system of footwear sizing.

Comment

I don't know anything about Railway workers boots but the size "43" suggests the postwar system of footwear sizing.
                            Also its common sense to belive only in the centimeter markings, the other size system was already present and used, too. Especially in civilian and paramilitary footwear.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                              Also its common sense to belive only in the centimeter markings, the other size system was already present and used, too. Especially in civilian and paramilitary footwear.
                              correct,and most of the army/ss boots made in czechoslovakia are size stamped this way ,firm Bata has most of the time this size system on ss ski/tropical boots.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X