Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal eagles for Heer

Hi guys!
    I would be grateful for your opinion on these eagles!
    Attached Files

Hi Stive,

IMO both your birds are nice originals

The top piece is a nice tombac specimen with lower clasp of this variant that is starting to develop
    the swastika flaw at the lower swaz junction. The earlier version of this bird does not have the lower clasp (or the swaz flaw)

The lower piece (4 feather type) looks like a silver summer uniform eagle but these also exist in gold and are made of zink: you seldom see them with good finish

I have attached picts of both types from my collection

Regards

JC
    Attached Files

Comment

Jean-Claude thanks a lot for information! Such types of metal eagles didn't come across to me before, now it is quietly possible to take these eagles in a collection

Comment

No problem, glad to help Stive!

Not very fancy (or expensive) compared to a lot of TR stuff but I have always found them to be very interesting and collectible because there are many designs/variations (some better than others). They also reflect the fortunes of war using different hardware, metal and die strike quality as the war progressed. However, they are not so common and cheap as they once were

Good hunting!

JC

Comment

Once again Jean-Claude thanks!
          I like metal breast eagles in a collection!
          For further collecting it would be desirable to specify and how many in general it is known types and producers of metal eagles?
          Last edited by Stive; 04-14-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

On sale offer such eagle. He not really is pleasant to me. I would like to hear opinions of experts.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stive View Post
              Once again Jean-Claude thanks!
              I like metal breast eagles in a collection!
              For further collecting it would be desirable to specify and how many in general it is known types and producers of metal eagles?
              To the best of my knowledge, only a few types are marked but most are not and some are not seen often. Furthermore a lot of versions exist in many variations (with different metals and hardware) so I have no idea how many types/variants are out there or who made them other than the few marked types

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Stive View Post
                On sale offer such eagle. He not really is pleasant to me. I would like to hear opinions of experts.
                I dont consider myself an expert but IMO this eagle is an original zink specimen (with tombac/brass hardware). I have seen many for sale over the years & have the same in my collection

JC

Comment

Jean-Claude thanks for information! I will redeem an eagle

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X