Shoulder boards Uffz. With soutache Meaning help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulder boards Uffz. With soutache Meaning help

Got this set with the soldbuch and other documents from the daughter of the vet.

He was an Unteroffizier from 1.1.1943 but got promoted to Feldwebel on 1.12.1944.

I m wondering if the soutaches he applied on the boards like that are for a candidate to be promoted or what? It s not the typical tresse for officer candidates.

And why of 2 different colours?infantry and artillery?

Any idea?

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Daniele C; 04-07-2018, 12:25 AM.

The following was posted on another thread by another member. I saved it and have found it very helpful when it comes to colour slides on shoulder boards

Single colors are Bataillon - I. white - II. red - III. yellow - other companies (or a IV. Batl.) within a Regiment are blue

Double colors are Kompanie designators - 1. white/(white) - 2. white/red - 3. white/yellow - 4. white/blue - 5. red/white - 6. red/(red) - 7. red/yellow - 8. red/blue - 9. yellow/white - 10. yellow/red - 11. yellow/(yellow) - 12. yellow/blue - 13. blue/white - 14. blue/red

There are also other slides for certain regiments/ divisions

Basically you have two shoulder boards from the two different battalions of a ( recon/ signal ?) regiment/ unit that this soldier served in . One he was in I Battalion (white slide) and the other he was in II Battalion (red slide),

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris!

The curious thing is that the soldier was in a Medic company (1./San.Kp.253) first and then with a 2nd Battalion of an Infantry unit ( II.Btl./Grenadier Regiment 1043).

The boards are like very light yellow i would say signal, but the thing is that they did belong to him, I got them with the rest for very very cheap so i wonder if he just used them or what happened

Comment

any more ideas?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X