Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keilhose M43 in gabardine and keilhose M43 in wool

Hello

I have a question which can seem stupid but...

Is that keilhose M43 pants were distributed in great quantities Or there was enough little with regard to the woolen models ???

On the period photos impossible to distinguish the material of pants

Is that pants in gabardine were delivered especially for the southern front ?

The soldiers could they wear them in Normandy (the keilhose in gabardine) with the feldbluse or it was very rare and it is mainly the woolen model which we find

I wish to go up a model troop Normandy and I would not like to make a mistake

At the moment I have no pants either in gabardine or woolen...

Curiously at the moment the dealers seem to propose more pants in gabardine than woolen, but I am not in a hurry

Regards

The difference is that uniform objects from wool were given, and from gabardine were bought for own money

Comment

Nope. The Keilhosen, or M43 pants as many call them , made of gabardine stocks, which were captured after september 1943, were avaible to all soldiers ( as well as italian wool made cloths made from itlaiian made fabrics ).
      The wool is better 'food' for moths than a gabardine , so much more gabardine survived than woolen uniforms ( look at the number of officers gabardine unforms prior and after 43 ).

Comment

Hello friends

Thanks for your precious help and your very interesting remarks

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X