Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Uniform - Need Help to Identify

Hello All,
    I purchased this tunic about 40 years ago. I also purchased the breast eagle and collar tabs around the same time and applied them myself, so please ignore them.

There are a number of features that puzzle me. By the way, I am in no way an expert with uniforms. The bottom pockets are slit pockets with flap and they do not have buttons, there are no indications of shoulder boards that I can see, and there is no first aid pocket. I'm sure you guys are noticing a lot more issues than me.

The collar does have a hook closure, the interior does have the built in suspension, and the buttons are pebbled.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of uniform this is? Branch of service, model, manufacturer, etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Mike
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last
          Attached Files

Comment

Greetings,
            What you have here is a Czech uniform that was converted to wear by the Army. The Germans added the dark green collar, top pockets and inner belt supports. One sees these being worn in early photos as they were slowly consumed by the mobilization and war. They also modified Austrian uniforms but I believe this one is Czech.
            Most interesting uniform thanks for sharing.
            Best Regards,
            Marion

Comment

This was a post war POW used jacket. "SU" is for "Soviet Union". Russian who served in the Wehrmacht. All the insignia would have been removed. I think this may actually be Austrian issue prewar.

Comment

What an interesting and SAD piece of history for it owner..undoubtedly transported back to the USSR at wars end...Billbert

Comment

Thank you everyone for your comments and solving this mystery for me. Also thank you for your interest. I have a new appreciation for this tunic.

Mike

Comment

Interesting and 100% czechoslovakian tunic.

Radek

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...foreign+tunics

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X