Grouping to Walter Stettner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grouping to Walter Stettner

Hi guys, some time who I bought these tunics. At the last Kassel show I found this book, and I was happy to see the tropical tunic being worn. I never understood why the flap of the breast pocket was sewn down. When looking at the pics I realized why. It was just an annoying flap. 🤣
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 04-10-2020, 06:20 AM. Reason: Outside image hosting

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
      I never understood why the flap of the breast pocket was sewn down. When looking at the pics I realized why. It was just an annoying flap. 🤣
      Yes, typical behavior of flaps of tropical tunics, could be seen at many period fotos.

Great historical tunic!

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
        Yes, typical behavior of flaps of tropical tunics, could be seen at many period fotos.

Great historical tunic!
        Same thing with the reed green HBT tunics as well.

Comment

People did this as well in the American Army to improve the appearance of the uniform especially clothing worn for inspections.

Comment

A really beautiful tunic Rob!

The first tunic I ever bought (Generalmajor) some 20 odd years ago was very much alike and also featured the same sewn-down flaps. Underneath the flaps you could see the original tunic's colour before the sun had bleached the rest. A stupidity I sold that tunic, but I was 20 and needed cash for another purchase...

Cheers,
            Markus

Comment

Wow. What a nice tunics you have there !

For the sewn flaps: I have a KM tropical jacket to an officer. All flaps fixed by small stitches for the breast pockets.

Regards
              Christian

Comment

Rob - this was done on continental tunics as well from time to time. Either tailor/wearer preference, or simply the owner not snipping the threads when purchased. Similar today when you buy suits and the pockets are sewn shut.

J-

Comment

Thanks for your replies!
                  I'll post the other tunics also from Stettner.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X