No announcement yet.

Knights Cross Holder and Last Commander of the Don Cossack Regiment 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many years ago I bought another M36 style tunic for a captain serving in the 5th Regt Don Cossacks. Major Dienenthal served with the 1st Regiment who wore the Don Cossack patch on the right sleeve. Members of the 5th Regiment wore the patch on the left sleeve. Jim
    Attached Files

Comment

Great set! Congrats! Matt

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Congrats Sir !! Billbert

Comment

Very cool

Comment

A foreign volunteer dream set. Jim, both those tunics in your collection are right up my alley as well.

s/f Robert

Comment

Very nice!

Drooled abit on my screen over this set myself too!

Mads

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                  A foreign volunteer dream set. Jim, both those tunics in your collection are right up my alley as well.

s/f Robert

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments. Robert I eye your collection with envy. The supply of good volunteer and specifically Cossack items is so limited that its almost impossible to find new items. When they do show up cost becomes a major consideration. Weitze has some cool items but I just can't justify the costs right now. It's frustrating at times.

Comment

Beautiful uniform with history !

Comment

Very nice tunics shown here.
                      Dienenthal was also recommended for the Oakleaves 7th of september 1942, but it was denied two days later.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPS View Post
                        Dienenthal was also recommended for the Oakleaves 7th of september 1942, but it was denied two days later.
                        A very brave and professional soldier. In almost 50 years of collecting I've never owned any significant personality items. But in the last year I've managed to pick up a soldbuch to a 20 July conspirator and now this tunic to a key figure in the history of the Cossacks in the service of the Wehrmacht. Jim

Comment

I think thats a great price for that jacket!

Happy for you that you got something you wanted a long time ago. A great feeling when it happens..

Dam shame it got split apart.....
                          Well you have the photo copies etc and can always get the awards for the jacket.

Man that is SO nice,,,Congrats!...,G.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
                            I think thats a great price for that jacket!

Happy for you that you got something you wanted a long time ago. A great feeling when it happens..

Dam shame it got split apart.....
                            Well you have the photo copies etc and can always get the awards for the jacket.

Man that is SO nice,,,Congrats!...,G.
                            Thank you. It is unfortunate that his estate was broken up, but if I'm being truthful its the only way I could have owned anything from him. Forum member LRRPS sent me some pictures of other Dienenthal items he managed to get for his collection. He told me that Dienenthals estate was either sold in two auctions, donated to the Wehrgeschitliches Museum in Rastatt or retained by the family . He thinks that Dienenthals photo albums may have been kept by the family. LRRPS has one of the auction catalogues which he will scan and send to me. I will post the listing. Jim
                            Attached Files

Comment

Another tunic.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPS View Post
                                I want to thank you for allowing me to post your items. I didn't show adequate appreciation in my prior post because I was in a hurry. The WAF kept timing out on me. Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X