Help reading Suetterlin script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help reading Suetterlin script

If I could request a quick favor from our members proficient at Suetterlin.

Need help deciphering a name tag. I always thought the first characters are "Lt." since it in a Kavallerie/Aufklaerer Leutnant service tunic, but I could be wrong. Anyway, the family name after that is beyond my deciphering skills.

Appreciate any help!
    Attached Files

This is a little closer shot:
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes it reads "Lt." for Leutnant
      As for the name, Suetterlin is not the problem - A combination of fuzzy image and poor handwriting makes reading the rest a poor guess at best.

Perhaps posting a sharp image might help with the reading

Comment

No worries. Shared with a German acquaintance and he is fairly certain it's Lucass and agrees with me that it's "Lt." or Leutnant Lucass in total.

Unfortunately without a full name, the Bundesarchiv tends to be less than enthusiastic about looking someone up - at least the last time I dealt with them - which was admittedly about 15 years ago.

Comment

If the number on the label was feldpost 07172, at one point this had related to Armee-Nachrichten-Regiment 501 - though this was prior to the tunic’s date of 1942. The Waffenfarben on the tunic does suggest Signals. This may be an avenue to explore.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Lutfen View Post
            If the number on the label was feldpost 07172, at one point this had related to Armee-Nachrichten-Regiment 501 - though this was prior to the tunic’s date of 1942. The Waffenfarben on the tunic does suggest Signals. This may be an avenue to explore.

Michael
            That's a trick of the light in that photo. It's Goldgelb for Cavalry/Recon.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X